Nice To See You Again ~ Jungkook x Reader

"Hey. Can you please move your hair? I want to see your face." Jungkook whined at you. He was your best friend. Your only friend, in this terrible middle school. You were in 7th grade.

"I can't. I....I'm ugly." You whispered quietly. You were very insecure about the way you looked. People had a habit of calling you ugly, and bullying you for the way you looked.

"No you're not. You're beautiful, Y/N." Jungkook told you confidently. He was the one person who liked you for your personality, and for some reason...Your looks. He refused to say you were ugly. And you loved him for that.

"You're the only person in the world who thinks that." You said while still hiding behind your hair. That's the one thing that people couldn't say was ugly. Your hair. You had gorgeous flowing H/L H/C hair.

You felt a couple of long bony fingers move your hair behind you ears/to the side (for people with short hair), as he tilted your chin up to look him in the eyes.

"Y/N. You are the most stunning girl I've ever met." He breathed out while staring you in the eyes. "And I-"

"Oh Jungkook~" a voice cooed out. He let go of your chin and turned around. Only to be faced with the girl he was "dating."

Yes, you loved Jungkook. But he only loved you as a friend. He was in love with a girl named Xyler. And she was beautiful.

She had long curly blonde hair, with high cheekbones, thin lips, and startling green eyes. She was a dream girl. The worst part about her, is that she was genuinely nice to you. So you couldn't hate her.

"Hey Y/N! What are you two doing?" She asked, while tilting her head.

"Ah! I was just trying to tell Y/N to not put herself down so much." Jungkook explained with a love struck smile at Xyler.

"Hey. Uh, it was nice seeing you Xyler. Nice hanging out with you Kookie, but I have to go home. And pack." You said with a small smile. You watched as Jungkook pouted.

"I wish you wouldn't leave me, Y/N." Jungkook said while looking at you.

"It's not up to me. My parents are getting divorced, and my father gets custody. Besides, you won't even notice I'm gone." You said with a fake laugh.

"Well, we will miss you Y/N." Xyler said with a smile.

"Thanks. You guys too." You said with a fake laugh. "See you.....Tomorrow." You said.

Kookie looked like he was on the verge of tears. "Y/N, I can't come to school tomorrow. I won this writing contest and they want me to give a speech at a different school." He said with a sigh.

"O-Oh. Then I guess I'll see you..." you paused to think. "Maybe never, then, I guess." You said sadly as your heart shattered into a million pieces.

You leaned forward and hugged Jungkook tightly. You wanted nothing more than to kiss him, but not only did he have someone like that right now, but he didn't see you in that way. No matter how much you wanted him too.

You felt his strong arms pull you as close as possible to him as he buried his head in the crook of your neck.

"I love you, Y/N." Jungkook whispered into your ear.

"I love you, Kookie." You sighed as you closed your eyes in pure bliss.

You knew he meant it to you in a friendship way. But you meant it in more ways then one.

"Why didn't you say 'too' then?" Kookie asked as he pulled away from you, Xyler apparently had left you two. You hadn't even noticed.

"Because then it's like your acknowledging that the other person loves you. There is no way you feel that way about me, but that's how I feel about you." You said with a light laugh. You didn't want Jungkook to get mad at you for saying such a thing, so you quickly turned around and started running home.