Chapter 2 (Alex's POV): The Legend

It was Valentine's Day and I watched my sister, Jess paced back and forth in the living room

       It was Valentine's Day and I watched my sister, Jess paced back and forth in the living room. I almost forgot to say, but My name is Alexander Moore and I go by Alex. I had just gotten home from school. I remember Monica was still in her room bedroom, even though she had gotten home earlier than me.

  I flipped open my computer and logged in. I looked through my open browser window. Fifteen tabs to be exact. I looked at the one containing the legend of Blood Mary. I thought about it for a while, trying to figure out why some people believed in the legend and others didn't. I flipped through the tabs on my computer, messaging people and reading the legend over and over. Time passed by quickly and then it was close to when the party started that night.

     I was extremely nervous. Who would I meet? Would Sam be there? Would I finally get to meet this Dean that he's mentioned? Would Winter and Lily be there? Though, the real question is would Ruby be there? I always hated her. She was the reason Monica is always getting bullied during school these days. No matter though, I hoped there was going to be some sort of interesting turmoil or challenge at this party.

I spent the next half hour trying to figure out what to wear. When I finally did, my mind flipped back to thinking about the legend. Jess was at the door, answering it since we were hosting the party. Well to be exact, it was her idea and not mine. "Alex, you might want to come over to the door ... your ex is here." Jess called to me.

     Well this night couldn't get any worse. My ex had just showed up at the door. I walked over, reluctantly. Veronica Winchester, the youngest pretty much. She prefers to be called Ronnie or Roni. I open the door. "Roni, I.." I start to say, but she cuts me off. "Don't bother Alex, there's something I have to say. I.." Roni says, getting nervous. I let her in and we head to my room.

  "Alex, I'm.. I'm.. ugh how do I put this. I love you, more than anything in the world. I also have some news." Roni finally said. "What news?" I asked, afraid to say the L word back to her because this time she really meant it. "Alexander, I..I'm.." Roni said, still nervous. "Come on Roni, you can tell me anything. We were best friends before we were lovers. We'll always be best friends." I replied. Roni thought about what she was trying to tell me. I could tell in her eyes there was something she was afraid of saying. "Remember that Saint Patrick's Party that Ruby had?" Roni asked. "I do. I also remember that's where she said the things she did about Monica." I replied. "Well, I.. remember that we sorta ended up with each other by the end of the night?" Roni commented. "I remember. You had that gorgeous black and white dress." I responded, I hadn't forgotten about that dress. "That was the best night of my life." Roni replied. I waited for what she was really trying to to tell me. "I want to get back together, I miss you." Roni said after a while.

    I just looked shocked. Veronica Melanie Winchester wanted to be my girlfriend again? I didn't know how to react. Everyone knew the real reason why we broke up. And I mean everyone. We'd been the power couple at school and when we broke up, it became the talk of the school. I just looked at Roni for a while before saying, "I love you too Veronica." I then added on, "What is it that you wanted to tell me?" Roni just kissed me and then she thought a while. "I'm pregnant" she responded. Again, I didn't know what to say or how to react. "I found out recently. I wanted to find out the day after the party, but I was too nervous," she continued. I just looked shocked. "Are you going to tell your parents, Dean and your mother? What about your grandparents, John and Mary?" I asked. "Alex, I can't. Dad would see me as a liability and mom would would freak." Veronica responded. "What about Lily, Winter, and Sam?" I asked. "Can't tell either. My mom is not in the picture and Dean is too much like my grandfather. John's too much not there. Sam wouldn't understand. Lily and Winter are just too talkative." Veronica replied. "Then what are you going to do?" I asked. "I was hoping that you'd have an answer. It's our kid." Veronica replied.

  Okay okay okay okay.. I was even in more shock than ever. Our kid? This was definitely not reaching Ruby's listening. She would just tell the whole school and it would ruin both mine and Roni's reputations. I just looked at the wall. "Alex?" Roni asked, noticing that I was looking at the wall and shocked. I didn't reply. Roni just stood there, trying to get my attention. My mind slipped straight back to the Bloody Mary Legend. I just sat down on my bed, Roni following me. This Valentine's Day just kept getting more interesting. I didn't even know what to say.