Chapter One

Alison's P.O.V.

     After hitting the snooze button a good 3 or 4 times, and get up and head to my bathroom. I grab my towel, hang it up on the door, and turn on the water as hot as it goes. I wash my face and get in the shower. My body stings from the heat, but I know I deserve it.

     I get out once my toes get red from the heat of the water. I dry off and try to find an outfit. I end up with some ripped jeans, my black California sweatshirt to cover my scars, and my black Nike Pro's. I curl my hair, do a clean winged eyeliner and some mascara. I top it off with a tinted pink lipstick and head downstairs.

     I grab my backpack from the kitchen, and head of the door. I trip over something on the floor and fall. I look by my feel and see a suitcase. Then another. What the hell?

"Mom!" I call. She comes from her bedroom with bloodshot eyes and bags under them. "What's this?"

"Honey I think we should talk... are you good bing late to school today?" 

    I nod my head and walk upstairs, setting my backpack my the door.  Walking into my parents room, I see my dad grabbing stuff from his dresser and stuffing it into a duffle bag, not even folding it. He has eyes almost as red as my moms.

"Okay seriously whats going on?" I ask on the edge of tears. My dad stops, and theres silence. Not a good silence. Just silence. I don't want them to say what I know is happening.

     My parents fight all the time. Every day, over the stupidest things. They fight over whats for dinner, what the other persons wearing, how long someones shower takes. Anything you can think of.

"Please somebody say something!" I raise my voice a little. I can't stand this. 

My mom takes a deep breath to explain... "Alison you father and I aren't going very well. We're not happy. You know as much as we do that we fight all the time and-'

"Were getting a divorce" my dad cuts her off.

     I feel a teal slip out of my eye. I knew this was coming, and I know it's best, but I guess it didn't hit me that my parents are getting divorced until now. My dad comes up to hug me. He's always been my best friend, sense the day I was born.

     I didn't have anything to say. I didn't even know what was going through my own head. I didn't want to have to starting picking between the 2 of them. I didn't want to have to pick which holidays I want to spend with who, or who I want to spend my birthday with, or who I want to live with...

     "So what happens next? Where am I going to be?" I ask. My parents look at each other. This is most likely something they've already decided on. "Your old enough to make your own decisions, but until court, you'll be living with your dad at his new place and you'll be transferring schools for at least the rest of the year."

     I nodded in agreement. "When can I see mom?" I asked

     "You can see her as much as you want. You can come over and sleep over here whenever or go to lunch with her or whatever. But legally your living with me." my dad explains. I walk out and go to my room. I start packing a duffle bag. I already know I'm not going to school today at least. I told my mom to call me out.

    I put my stuff in my bag but I drop an earing. I try looking under the bed, when I find my guitar. I pull it out and while the thin layer of dust on top. I used to play this thing day and night. I wrote songs and everything. I don't know why I ever stopped. Brings back a lot of old memories.

     I decide to bring it with me and I grab the notebook I would write all my songs in. I stuff it all in the back of my dads Lexus and get in the car. My dad does the same and once we're both in, we don't even start the car. I just look out the window as he sighs.

"I'm sorry. I know this isn't what you wanted, but I know it's for the best. I don't know whats gonna happen, but it's all going to be okay" my dad says with his hang on my cheek like he uses to do to me when I was little. I just nod as a tear comes down my face. I quickly wipe it away, but then I see one drop from his eye too.

     I just want everything to be normal again.