Chapter 1

My tree house is on fire and for some reason I have gas on my hands
- Forest by twenty one pilots

Dans {pov}

I groaned as I heard my alarm clock go off. Only a few weeks into school and I'm so sick of it. I hear faint taps on the window seeing its raining. Finally seeing that I'm slightly comfortable because its the only weather that resembles me gloomy, rainy, sad. finally I got ready and off to school out the door not caring if I gets wet in the rain.

"Dan do you have an umbrella? " My mom questions me before I head out the door.

"No mom I'm fine the rain isn't even that bad." I told her wanting to go out into the cold rain.

"Yes it is hear take this umbrella."
My mom said trying to give me the umbrella.

"Mom. The umbrella has bears on it." I told her in a monotone voice trying to see if my mom was serious or not.

"So? It's still an umbrella who cares. I'd rather you be with a teddy bear umbrella than sick."

"I'm not taking this people will make fun of me." (Even more than they already do)

"No they wont just take it its fine." mom said finally convincing me to take the umbrella.

*Sigh
"fine I'm heading out now, bye mom."

"Bye love you"

I shut the door before I could say anything else and step into the cold rain opening the teddy bear umbrella that I dread so much. The walk to school was agonizing as it has ever been, it feels like hell.

"They will defiantly beat me even more now. Fuck. I want to burn this thing its so childish and happy unlike me"

I reach the school having 10 minutes to spare. Slowly but surly I reach the gates and head into the school. Trying to hide the umbrella. I scurried over to my locker to get my things and put the stupid umbrella inside.

"Finally no more of that stupid teddy umbrella well, until I get out of school." I said sitting down at the back of his math class.

"Damn it where is my pencil ugh, I don't want to bother anyone but I'm gonna have to damn it"

I turned to my left where a pale boy sat who always had a smile on his face. I tapped his shoulder to ask for a pencil.

"H-hey can I borrow a pencil? I can't find my mine" I said to the boy who I never knew the name of.

"Yeah here you go" the pale boy said to Dan with a smile on his face.

"Thank you" I said to the boy, who I still didn't know the name of.

"I'm Phil by the way " He starts to extend his arm for me to shake.

"Hi I'm Dan" I said as I shook his hand, it gets even more awkward because I'm not even paying attention anymore. I'm still latched on to this guys hand.

"Hey are you ok?" Phil says with a puzzled look on his face

"Yeah-h sorry I got distracted" I said trying not to seem as awkward as I already sound

"Mr Howell would you tell us how to solve this formula?" Mr Cline asked

"Um-mm" thats all that could come out of my mouth

"you better not be talking again or I'm going to keep picking on you" Mr Cline says before turning back to the white board

After that I stopped talking to Phil and went back to work. Once the bell rang I zoomed out of the class to go to my other periods then lunch where I can sit by my self and contemplate about life. After a agonizing time through my periods lunch finally came. I walked fast trying to go out in the field where you could eat if you didn't want to eat inside but before getting outside someone tapped me on the shoulder

"Hey! Dan right?" The pale boy asked me

"Yeah-h" I replied