[Wk 31] Watermelon (♡˙︶˙♡)

9th to 16th July

Hiya Mallows! Welcome to another week ^^

First up we have some suggestions from last week's question about how to improve our book club

First up we have some suggestions from last week's question about how to improve our book club. We've also included what we think of that but we want to know what you guys think ^^

We encourage all of you to respond inline to the suggestions which you support, and the ones that you are less open to.

1. Adding sugar cubes for completing assignments instead of removing them when a Mallow receives a burn

This seems like a wonderful idea, and we'll be implementing this ^^ However, although no sugar cubes are lost at one burn, we are still going to remove one when a Mallow hits two burns.

2. Publicise the Sugar Cube List to motivate Mallows who are close to receiving S'more

That honestly sounds like a wonderful idea, but it will take up a lot of our time and we are already struggling with the amount of work that our daily lives give us, along with managing our Marshmallow art and book club. We're also afraid that this may cause disputes within our club, and we would want to strive to avoid that.

Displaying this System could also demotivate Mallows who are closer to the bottom of the list, which is something we definitely do not want. It is for these reasons, that maybe we will not be implementing this, as we believe the cons outweigh the pros in this case. ^^

We hope you understand, and if any of you have more thoughts on this, simply inline comment them.

3. Score comments on a rating of one to five for the amount of Sugar Cubes they receive

This is an idea that we can definitely do, as while a council member checks they can also rate comments at the same time. This would save us a lot of time, but it does put a little extra work on the Council Member's shoulders--which is something we need to discuss.

4. Mid-week/48 hr notice instead of 24

That is a plausible idea, but there would be a lot more people that need to get it done and we may exceed to 2000 character limit that is imposed on messageboards. We will definitely try it out but it may be hard for us to find a day (apart from Saturday with the 24 hour notice) that we are both free to work on it.

5. Permanent Groupings

Mallows with longer books can sign up to this (it will be a separate part of the book club), but first we need to get an approximate of interest levels, so if you Mallows could inline comment an expression of interest for this new separate way of groupings, that would be great ^^ (the normal assignments won't be affected, so take heed that this would mean having to do more work than usual)

6. More specifications on how to comment on assignments--i.e. Not copying what the person above has said already, commenting on grammar and punctuation instead of the appearance of a specific character (put an example in the rules form so people know what to expect and do)