Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning and went to the shower. My eyes were bloodshot red and puffy. My roots were showing. My hair was everywhere and in all, I looked like a zombie. I had cried myself to sleep. I took a shower and took beth to school. I went to work and it passed like a blur. I dropped beth off at Michelle's cause she was having a sleepover again.  Soon, it was evening. I went home and took a shower. Ready to go to bed. I was welcoming the darkness in when a certain electronic devil blared in my ears with 'sorry' by Justin Bieber. I answered the phone call.

"Who the fuck is this!!!!" I screamed angrily at the phone.

"Wow, sorry for disturbing you" he said amused. My eyes popped out.

"Uh-uh. S- sir?" I said nervously.

"Yh, its me" he replied and now my eyes were as big as saucers.

"I am so sorry sir for the use of bad language. I was already sleeping and so you woke me up and I always get angry when am woken up so I'm really sorry sir."I apologized. There was a long silence before he spoke.

"You get angry when woken up?" He said suspiciously. Shit. He knew that Emilia always get angry when woken up and Emilia is me.

"Emily?. You still there?" He said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes sir. Am still here" I replied.

"Common, don't be so formal. You're my friend and so you can call me by my name which is Scott but you have to call me sir at the company" he said which brought a smile to my face. He and I are friends. He's not heartless. Just so you know, its him and Emily that are friends. My subconscious said and I knew she was right which made me frown.

"Emily? Emily?" He said.

"Sorry Scott. I zoned out. Well, Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

"No problem. Well, about seeing tomorrow, we can actually just see this night." He replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm five minutes away from your house" he told Me which made me widen my eyes.

"What?!" I said.

"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise but then I also wanted to buy pizza but didn't know which one to buy so that was the reason I called and so pepperoni chicken or cheese chicken?" He asked over the phone.

"Pepperoni chicken now bye" I said and cut off the phone before he could say anything. I went to my room and wore my wig and as I just finished wearing my lenses, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and as I opened it, I was met with darkness because the electricity went off.

"Ohk. Weirdest welcome ever." The familiar husky voice said.

"Yh, sorry about the light. I think I just got cut off." I told him.

"Ok but how are we going to watch the movie" I started thinking and an idea popped up.

"My laptop" I said.

"Sure ok." He shrugged.

"Well, come in" I said gesturing for him to come inside.

"Thanks" he said and came in. He looked around and nodded his head.

"Nice place you got here." He said. I didn't know if he was trying to make a mockery of me or if he was actually complimenting the house.

"Don't worry. I really am complimenting your house." He told me which realised I said my thou-

"Ow!" He yelled. I realised he had hit the coffee table.

"Sorry. Are you hurt?" I asked.

"No. No. Can we start the movie?" He said.