Case 1 - Back Stabber

"Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned. - Eminem "

°°°

7:50. Monday, 10th July 2017. Crime Investigator Office,
Los Angeles

A deducer, that's what they call her.

I stared at the building infront of me. Taking in the sight of it. From the way the building looked, it's probably 5 to 6 years old. I then entered the building, but I stopped after I passed the door.

People can just pick the lock without even trying..

I sighed before walking in and then I stopped and looked at the corner of the room. Why are they putting the CCTV at an obvious place? Someone can just break it. And there's only one?

I tsked and continued walking until I reached a door that says 'Simon'. She knocked.

"Come in"

I entered and was greeted by a man, probably in his early fifties, probably 52. From the way his hair is balding, he probably has a lot of stress taking care of work. I looked at the photo frame of a girl and a boy, the girl is probably ten and the boy is seven.. His kids. Thens she looked at his finger. He's still married alright.

I'm not checking him out if that's what you're asking. I'm analyzing him, like what I always do.

"You must be Detective Sophia Brooks, please sit down"

I nodded before sitting.

"So, I heard you were transfered here to LA from New Jersey?" He asked

I fought the urged of rolling my eyes. Of course he knows that. Hotch probably told him before sending me into this shithole.

"Yeah, I was" I said in a bored tone.

"Okay, so since you're not new about this detective thing, then you can go work on your first case." He then took his phone and called someone. "Carter? Can you come to the office?" After hearing a reply he hung up.

A guy who I believe was Carter then entered the room. Judging from his looks he's probably in his early thirtes, I would say 31. Judging from the way he is leaning when he stands and putting his hands in his pocket, he is a laid back person. But by the way he is still a bit stiff when he's standing proofs that he is new here.. Probably two months.

"Detective Sophia Brooks I would like you to meet Detective Alex Carter, he's new here. Detective Carter please show her around."

°°°

"Guys, meet Detective Sophia Brooks. She's going to be working with us starting today." Carter said towards a girl and another guy. "Detective Brooks, meet Elizabeth Kaylor, she works with the computer and stuff and this is Professor Jason Dail, he works at the lab."

Elizabeth looks younger than me. I would give it 25. she has pink hair, so most likely, she has a bold personality. "Hi! I'm Elizabeth, You can call me Eliza if you want!"

I nodded "I'm Sophia Brooks" I said in a professional tone. I'm not here to make friends, so frankly, I don't care what they call me.

She nodded in response. Then I looked over to Professor Dail. He's probably the oldest among all of us. He looks like he's in his late thirties. I think around 39. I looked at his finger. Married. He stuck out his hand "Hi, I'm Proffesor Dail"