New Life, New Problems

Eli's POV

          Driving along route 12, I pull up to an iron gate.  A giant metal sign nailed to the gate reads Massachusetts School of the Arts. I smile. I'm definitely at the right place.

           I face forward and press the play button on my stereo system, blaring Slipknot out of the speakers of my hurst. Putting the car in drive, I look over my shoulder and pull out into the street.  I take a quick right, pulling into the entrance of the school.

           Driving down the streets of the campus, my jaw drops.  All I can say is wow! The campus is amazing; unique stores, bazaars,  and restaurants line the streets and several people are walking in and out of them.  I'll definitely have to explore later.  Heading towards the dorms, I pass several buildings, all reading a different class.  Obviously,  that's where the classes are taught.

            I push onward and eventually find the dorms.  Several college students walk in and out of them.  I read all of the metal signs, but none are my dorm.  I keep driving until I reach an old, brick building at the end of the street.  Without even reading the sign,  I somehow know that this is my dorm.

Camilles's POV

            The wind is blowing quite fiercely today, quickly filling my nostrils with the stench of marijuana.  I remember the first time I smoked the stuff; the stench of it was enough to make me hesitate.

            I'm pulled from my thoughts by a hand in front of my face, snapping to get my attention.

            "Earth to Camille", my friend Izabel says as she quickly brings her hand back to her side after noticing my expression.  My face probably has annoyed written all over it.

            "Yes!" I snap at her.  My voice coming off a little angrier than I mean it to.  I take a breath and speak sounding more calm. "Sorry Iz, what were you saying?"

            "It's nothing", she said. "Just...nevermind, it's not important.  What is important is how you're doing.  Are you okay? You look extremely pale." Her voice is filled with concern and worry.  I pull out my Jack Skellington mirror and check myself out.  I do look pale, even more so than usual.

            "Oh no, it's okay, I'm fine", I lied. "I always look pale.  It's normal for me."  She stares at me for a long time; clearly she can sense that I'm lying but she waves it away.

            After a long moment of silence, Iz clears her throat and turns to face me. "So, how are things going with, well, you know?"

            I move closer to her and my voice comes ouy no louder than a whisper. "Not so good.  If I can't find someone soon, He will be very angry with me."

            "Look Camille, when it comes to finding the right person, you need to find someone who listens and obeys your every demandd."

            "I know that Iz but thank you for reminding me. No, I need to find someone who is just like me."  She nods her head in agreement, but then turns arounds.

            I follow her gaze and spot a pitch black hurst driving towards us.

Eli's POV

           After pulling into a parking spot, I cut the engine to my hurst and hop out, grabbing my backpack before shutting the door closed.

           I gaze up at the old, brick building in front of me and widen my eyes in complete shock.  This is not what the brochure showed me with the picture of my building.  The walls are covered with graffiti,  spewing out the nastiness and profanity left there by most likely the students from years past.  Plants and flowers that are lined against the building are dying if not already dead.  The glass windows are all but shattered and the green paint on the shudders are slowly being stripped away.  Next to the front door of the building, there is a giant metal sign that reads Brenner Hall.  Looks like this is my new home for awhile.  Hopefully this is only temporary so I can move into my owm place.