Still Breathing (One Shot)

Dedicated to aquilaandromeda because she is awesome. I was inspired when she said my stoies were good. Hihi

There was a horrible Greek mythology about a character named Icarus. 

You see, he was supposed to fly at just the right height because his wings were made with wax and feathers. Flying too close to the sea would mean the feathers would get soaked but flying too close to the sun would melt the wax. 

He got so excited as he soared and he didn't notice that he was getting too close to the sun. Sadly, his wings melted and he fell to the ocean, only to drown.

It was such a gruesome story really, which meant that I immediately loved it.

"I don't get why you like that story, Cha. It's pretty creepy."Tammy said. "You really love tragedy that much?"

"Hindi naman,"I said. "You grew up reading fairytales which made you believe in happy endings. I've always read greek myths with gruesome endings."

I stared at the tons of research material spread out before me. We had less than a month to finish the entire paper and so far, we haven't even decided on the literary peice we'd be working on.

"Kungyung stories ng Grimm Brothers na lang kaya?"I asked hopefully.

"Seriously, type mo 'yun?"tanong ni Tammy na halatang hindi payag sa suggestion ko. Sigh. "Charice Reyes, You're such a pretty girl pero you like very ugly stories. Ang ironic lang ha."

And she was sort of right. For a girl with my looks, straight brown hair with an open and innocent face, liking morbid stories was unusual.

"Nako, Tammy. Cha's just bitter." a familiar voice behind me said.

Kumalabog ang puso ko sa sobrang gulat dahil nanggaling sa likod ng tenga ko ang boses na 'yun. I rolled my eyes and looked behind me. Of course he would chose this moment to eavesdrop on my conversation.

Nasa likod ko lang naman si Chase Salvatore, ang notorious bad boy ng school na ito. Medyo anti-social na medyo bad boy siya pero hobby niya ang asarin ako. And worse, even if sagad sa pangit ang ugali niya, he's actually quite good-looking. His expressive pitch black eyes, raven-colored hair, stark white skin and thin lips make the girls swoon. Pinagpala ang damuhong 'yan eh.

Why does the good flow to the undeserving?