Chapter 2

Beep! Beep!

Ugh. My alarm clock. I reach over to shut it off but instead, I knock it off the table along with the book it was sitting upon.

I drag myself out of bed. I walk into my private bathroom and get a clean towel. I wait until the water is warm enough and hop in. I took a 20 minute shower. When I got out I dried and straightened my hair. Now, I have to decide what to wear. I'm going to be seeing Alexia again so I dressed nicer today then yesterday. I put on a maroon V-neck that crosses twice in the back. Then I put on jeans with my old gray converse , some bracelets and a necklace.

I go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Mornin Tess," my twin brother, Parker says.

"Hey."

"Good morning Tess," says my father.

"Morning," I say, while getting myself some cereal.

"Morning Tess! Bye everyone!" says my little brother, Joey, as he walks out the door to catch the middle school bus.

I sit down with my cereal and pull out my phone. I have a message from an unknown person

Unknown: Hey

Me: Hi. Who is this?

I waited about 5 minutes for a reply.

Unknown: Haha sorry I forgot to say my name. It's Alexia.

Oh my god. How did she get my number??

Me: It's ok. How did you get my number?

Alexia: Oh I asked your friend Chris.

Me: Haha ok. Whatcha up to?

Alexia: I'm eating some pancakes. Hbu?

Me: I'm eating cereal. Do you still want to meet during lunch today?

Alexia: Yea of course. I'm excited to see the finished product of the painting.

Me: So am I. I really like how you did it.

Alexia: Haha thanks. Oh and btw I really liked your hair yesterday.

Me: Oh, uh thanks.

Alexia: Did you do that? I mean the braid was really beautiful.

Me: I did. Thank you.

Wow. She just complimented me on my hair.

Alexia: Wow that's great that you can do that. I can't do anything.

Me: Haha well your hair is perfect. You really don't need to do anything to it.

Alexia: Thanks. I have to go! Cheer practice. Bye!! See you at school!!

Me: Ok. Have fun! Bye!!!!

Wow. I really can't believe that she asked Chris for my number. I got up from the table and put my lunch in my backpack. I pulled out my front door key and checked the time. Time to go.