Chapter Two

It took the time for the boys to be finished with their drills plus a half hour for me to be completely packed and ready to go back home to Gallagher. The boys were sitting either on the bed or at their desk finishing up who knows what. My Dad stood in the doorframe with his arms crossed as I grabbed my duffle bag and back pack. Handing him one of my bags, he said he'll be waiting at the car for me and for Alex to put on a shirt before walking away. The four boys looked up finally and looked around the room before saying their goodbyes.

When Alex got up and walked over to me, we just hugged and said a simple see you around while the other three were groaning and complaining.

"Oh what? Why are you guys complaining? That's like all you've ever been doing now a days." Kyle said showing up behind me.

"Alex just simply hugged Z. That's it." Nick confessed glaring at the boy in front of me as the two of us rolled our eyes.

"Are you serious right now?" Kyle asked. Everyone just nodded. I expected the Junior to tell the others to grow up or something of the sorts but instead he joined in. "Dude, you seriously kissed her in front of everyone and now you're just hugging her and saying like a 'oh see you probably during the school year'? What is wrong with you?"

At that the four boys started talking over one another about how messed up that was. I rolled my eyes at them and slipped past Kyle with Alex following. The two of us walked down the halls of Blackthorne on a comfortable silence before Alex spoke up.

"You know, it's gonna suck not seeing you every day anymore." He said shoving his hands into his pockets of the sweatpants he was wearing. I scoffed at him, stopping us in our tracks.

"You really should have put a shirt on before you left your room like how my dad told you too." I smirked while he rolled his eyes at me saying he thinks he's good and how my dad will get over it. I put my hands up in defense in a just saying kinda way before the two of us started laughing and continuing our walk to the car that's taking me back to Gallagher.

As we walked down the slick, black marble steps, my brother Morgan walked out of their Grand Hall eating an apple, mumbling a hey Alex, hey Z with a full mouth. He stopped in his tracks and spun back around to face us. As he asked what I was doing here I just kinda shrugged and pointed to the door, a sign we both use when we don't want to explain anything. Morgan rolled his eyes at me and I could only think of one thing at that moment: why was there so much eyerolling this morning?

Alex and I got to the limo and I handed my driver my backpack to which he put in the trunk with my duffle bag. I said a quick goodbye to Dad and Grandpa Joe so they could go back inside. That just left me outside with Alex.

"Stay safe out there this semester, Gallagher." Alex gave a genuine smile to which I smiled back.

"Of course I'll stay safe. I've got Lexi as my partner in crime. But, uh, you too." A light, barely noticeable blush took resident on my cheeks. We hugged one last time and before we parted all the way, Alex placed a quick kiss on my cheek.

"See you at graduation." Was the last thing he said to me before the door closed and the limo drove me the thirty minute drive to Gallagher Academy in Roseville.

-

I climbed the steps up to my room. I'm sure somewhere in the mansion my grandma and mom where here. But did I care to find them and let them know I was home safe? Not really. I was more interested in going up to my room and reacquainting myself with my one true love: my bed.

However when I arrived to my room I didn't expect the fourth and newest bed to be occupied with a certain brunette named Jo sleeping away soundlessly. I threw (and i do mean threw) my bags across the room to my side, waking her up to the point where she fell off her bed because of the thump.

"Jeez, Z. What is wrong with you?" She asked me, throwing her pillow at me. I laughed and caught it, walking over to her (which is a really bad idea in the long run seeing for the last two weeks, she was forced into going on a mission with her parents so she was still in that light-sleep-slash-sleep-with-a-knife-under-the-pillow mode. I handed back her pillow and sat on the ground next to her bed. "How was the mission? Or, at least what you can tell me from it."

With a shrug and a yawn, Jo fluffed her pillow back up. "It was alright. I didn't get much details other then I had to take place of some duchess who could have been my twin if it weren't for a birthmark on her theigh." I stood up and usher her to go on. "Luckily our final gave me all the opertunuty to practice this. Plus any interactions I had to deal with, I was directed what to say and how I knew the person via coms–"

"They gave the duchess a com?" I asked astonished as I unpacked. Jo nodded. "Wait did you get to the part as to why you had to be royalty or are you not allowed to tell?"

"Oh I skipped over it. There was supposedly people who wanted to kidnap her and hold her ransom by orders of her uncle for the throne since apparently she was her grandparents favorite or something like that."

"And since you knew how to get yourself out of trouble, your parents sent you in." I said bringing the story full circle.

"Bingo. Well, besides the fact they put guards around me too."

"For safety precautions or to keep up the legend?" Jo didn't answer besides for the light snores coming from her, letting me know she has fallen alseep again. I scoffed lightly and walked over to her, pulling her blanket over her. She must have been really tired because unlike normal where she would jump up saying she's awake, she just continued to sleep.

Jo sure is something else.