zero

.00.

harry

harry

i never planned to get into this business.

my father was a drunk, a deadbeat, and a dick. he was the biggest asshole i knew. my mother died at my childbirth, so i assume that was the reason for his hatred towards me.

ever since i could barely talk - or walk - i watched him leave the house around midnight every single night and return about a million hours later with bruised knuckles, a bloody face, or a body exhausted. one night, when i was about fifteen, i followed him to his destination on my old rickety bike i picked up in a junkyard two summers before. he stopped at an abandoned brick warehouse. i peeked through one of the doors to see him beating on a guy with a bunch of others surrounding him, appearing calm and collected. after it was finished, i heard him and his friends talking about how that man was just another 'lay off'.

ever since that night i always came back and watched them. sometimes they weren't beating someone up, they were just smoking and drinking and talking about money.

this was how he made money; but he didnt spend it on me, of course. only his escorts and the next cigarette he was going to purchase. he must've not been as good as everyone thought, considering i get paid more than he did. that's for a different time, though.

one night, my dad didn't go to the warehouse. he had died at home; alcohol consuming his every last breath. he had passed out and never woken up. so, i went to the warehouse, the only place that was more familiar than my own home.

that was the night gerry found me, took me in, and raised me as his own. he was apart of my dad's gang. he taught me how to fight, how to survive...how to kill someone. but he also took care of me, as a father would for his child.

and now, here i was. the most terrifying gang member of new york. everyone knew not to mess with me. i had a hatred inside of me, just like my father. i wanted to kill everyone who got in my way or fucked with me. i was evil. i knew it, too.

until i met her. my sweet lynette.

•••
H I L O V E
this was an introduction/prologue type of chapter, just to fill u in on harry's past. next chapter we'll meet lynette!

i hope u liked it! and thanks for reading
xoxo,

peachyystyles