Chapter 5: Reunited

[Re-cap]
The phone buzzed on her countertop. She picked it up and read the text message from Felix.

She gasped, nearly dropping the phone as she read the text:

"Delphine, it's Cosima. She's fully awake!"

Chapter 5
Delphine made it to the hospital in record time. She'd almost sped past a red light twice. But she didn't care about all that. She needed to see Cosima, and fast!

She ran into the building, anticipation thundering in her chest as she rounded up the hallway.

She opened the door, a smile on her face with tears streaming down her cheeks as she saw them huddled around the unseemly well-looking Cosima.

An unfamiliar pang in her chest shot right through her out of nowhere, and her smile faltered. You know when you realize something so bad that you felt like the weight of the world came crashing down on you? That's exactly how Delphine felt. She knew. Delphine knew it at the back of her mind the exact moment she saw Cosima. She knew it from her years of experience in the medical field.

Delphine knew..

Cosima's hours were numbered.

------------

"Delphine.." Cosima croaked and her face brightened as she saw Delphine, though the blonde's faltering smile didn't exactly escape the still intuitive clone. She knew Delphine like the back of her hand.

The last thing she remembered before she passed out was seeing Delphine's shocked face as blood gushed out of her nose and mouth, drenching the upper bodice of her wedding dress. They were exchanging vows in front of the judge and shared a kiss as married couple when a sharp scorching pain shot right into her and felt like someone stabbed her right lung. Then she remembered clinging onto Delphine for dear life as her body racked and convulsed, blood oozing out of her mouth, and out of her nose before the world turned pitch black. And it turned out that she was in and out of unconsciousness for the past two weeks.

She knew she should've told Delphine that her condition worsened. But she didn't want anybody to know. She couldn't let her wife and her sisters worry about her. Not when their lives are now in order. It would be selfish of her to take away their happiness.

Cosima gave Delphine a smile, raised her frail arms and made grabby hands at her, motioning for the blonde to come closer. She had missed her so much it freaking hurt.

She felt the bed shift as Siobhan, Felix, Sarah and Kira pulled away from the bed, letting the two have a little bit of space to be with each other. "We're just going to the cafeteria," Siobhan said, tugging both Sarah and Felix's hand. "When Alison and Helena comes, tell them to come join us." She added and both Cosima and Delphine nodded, looking at them until the hospital room door was closed. All of them seemed happy about the 'miracle'. They were unaware that Cosima being well will be short lived.

"I've missed you," Cosima whispered softly, reaching her hand to hold Delphine's. The brunette frowned as she held the blonde's hand, playing with the gold wedding band around her ring finger. "You've lost weight," she said, giving her girlfriend a worried look. Delphine shook her head and sniffled, chuckling softly. "Don't mind me, chérie. You are the patient here." She said, wiping a tear on her face as she squeezed the sick clone's hand, as though showing her her strength.

Delphine sat on the bed beside Cosima, carefully lifting her tubes out of the way as she ever so slowly cuddled up with her. She held her sick wife into her arms, holding her and stroking her arm.