Chapter 1

Calm yourself August, calm yourself.

Today I'm gonna be meeting the new people that want to adopt me.

But it won't be just me they're adopting.

They're adopting Shelly too.

"August, don't mention me." Shelly's voice whispers and moans.

As she is my life partner i'm the only one while can see and hear her.

"Don't worry Shelly. I won't." I smile and skip down the stairs to meet them, Shelly following me all the way.

She protects me.

"Ahh, August. Meet Mr. and Mrs. Winters." My social worker, Cara, says.

"Hello August. You may call me Darren."

"And you may call me Lisa."

I smile shyly and shake their hands.

"Hello. You may call me August." I say a little confused.

They laugh a little and we get to know each other before they 'pop' the question.

"So August, how would you like us to be your new foster parents?" I look at them.

"You really want to?" I ask shocked.

"Nobody else wanted to. Oh my. Yes! I would love you to." I say as they smile and fill out the forms.

"August, be careful. You're putting these people in danger." Shelly sounded uncertain of me leaving with these people.

she let her long dark hair cover her face as i collected my stuff.

"Shelly, don't worry. You'll help me protect them, right?" I say as Shelly nods, still a little uncertain.

I bounce down the stairs, Shelly floats after me as i smile brightly at Darren and Lisa.

----------------------

We arrive at their home and it was beautiful.

It was a big white house and there was a swimming pool, a massive balcony and it was amazing.

They had a music room with a piano, guitars, everything.

They had a games room with a PS3, XBOX 369 with Kinect, A pool table, football table, One of them hockey tables.

Then you had a party room with a bar and loads of furniture and music players. 

Kitchen.

At least 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.

This wasn't a house.

This was a mansion.

Wow.

"Shelly, look at this place." I whisper as me and her stand on the balcony as my room has an opening.

"Its amazing August. Just try to stay on the good side of Satan. Please." I sigh as Shelly says this.

I'll try but no promises.

no promises.