Prologue: The Beginning

There was a reason I was named Laun. To my parents, it meant normality. But to the nation of angels, it meant a new dawn was coming. There was never a time like the day I was created. They say that angels cannot reproduce. This is true. But my parents made the impossible, possible.

By preforming this seemingly simple task, they opened up new doors for all and gave hope to the multitudes.

Never would they have foreseen the adventure that lay ahead.

Declouch was his name, the love of my life. But there was a major glitch in our relationship that no one would over look. He was a demon. And I an angel.

We presented our love in front of our leaders, friends, and acquaintances, but they outwardly objected, calling our love forbidden, blasphemy, a fraud, and a disappointment.

Outraged Declouch killed his leader and forced his clan to attack the angels. Being next in line to the throne in hell, the demons accepted and charged forth with the flames from their layer still burning on their backs.

It was a terrible war. There was torn wings and fallen horns that lay scattered across. Along with the bodies of the fallen, the deceased. Cries of misery and of torment went through the air in waves and crashed down on you, weakening your spirit and erasing any and all hope of surviving.

The angels then looked to me. The human were gradually getting involved  and the demons blood had spawned monsters upon monsters and I was their last hope. I felt torn. That and betrayed, my Declouch hand turned against my people.

 I weighed the ending results; finally I decided that I had to do something that I never would have done in the past. I had to kill Declouch. It was the only way. For the peace of mankind and angel kind this had to be the end result.

Declouch had come down from his pedestal when I approached. He smiled warmly at me and tried to step in for an embrace. I could already see that the war had taken it's toll on his body and I began to soften.

I then froze my heart and brought him down so that my sword of heavenly flames was aimed above his heart. Declouch squirmed and then stopped.

Bringing his deep brown warm eyes to hers he said," Laun, you don't have to do this."

"Don't, Declouch you know it has to be this way," I kept my sword poised and steady, even though on the inside I was completely falling apart. 

"I-I," I choked back a lump that began to form in my throat, then burst out," I love you, Declouch! If there were another way... I would change everything! So please, forgive me."

The humans began to cheer loudly in the middle of my sentence so I wasn't sure that he heard me. But now was the time. He looked as if he was saying something but I couldn't make it out, I shook my head and whispered a soft goodbye.

Then I shoved the sword through his chest and into the one place I wanted to protect. His heart.