Chapter 4: No turning back

Alex sighed," Well, since last night was a total flop I guess we have to resort to a new tactic."

"Oh," Chelsey said as she picked up a photo that was on Alex's desk. So unearthly. So beautiful. Shaking her head Chelsey flipped over the photo and slapped it down on the desk," So, what's the new plan? Something awesome and filled with action I hope!" Chelsey then entertained her mind with the thought of the fight.

"Actually, that might be out of the question. But you may end up being bait again. No doubt the demon will want his revenge," Alex then looked up from his laptop and grinned," Sorry. But last time didn't work out so well."

Chelsey frowned then nodded in agreement. If they could just kill him then all her weird feelings would go away. Just as she had that thought, her heart seemed to stop and her ears muted the rest of the world. Her legs collapsed beneath her and she felt her eyes begin to well up with tears. What is this? Am I about to cry? Over a demon I barely even know!?

"... sey! Chelsey! Chelsey?!" Alex was suddenly in her face and had a strong grip on her shoulders. His face was contorted with worry and his eyes were dark and his lips were in a thin line.

"I'm fine. Really,"Chelsey said as she wobbled to her feet.

"If I had known that you would react that way to it I would have let you fight. I didn't know that you were so passionate about fighting," Alex said with a half grin that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Chelsey gave him a real smile and touched his shoulder with her hand," Don't worry about it too much. Now let's hear that plan of yours."

.

.

.

.

"Check one. Check two. Rodger that. Barrier set up in areas 63 and 57. Are we clear in areas 23 and 46? Alright," Alex spouted off orders on his ear piece at people Chelsey hadn't even seen.

"Chelsey I want you at that alley over there," Alex said as he pointed towards an alley with a flashing laser beam.

"Alex. I still don't know your plan. do you mind spilling it?" Chelsey said while she folded her arms across her chest.

"No time. Get down there now or we'll miss our chance. I took all of your weapons so use your combat skills," Alex said as he gave her a quick glance.

Rolling her eyes Chelsey unfolded her wings and got ready to jump off the roof they were on.

"Chelsey wait!" Alex shouted desperately.

She turned around and he was right there behind her," Good luck, Chelz."

Before she could reply his lips were on hers. It was sweet but filled with relief and longing from Alex. Chelsey slowly pulled away and looked him in the eyes. Her cheeks began to flush as she saw his gorgeous face smiling brighter than before.

Then she dove off the building.

She ducked inside the alley and felt her heart beating wildly. This time it didn't feel right. It felt awkward. It felt like as if she was trying to get away from a wild animal. She didn't like the feeling at all.

And right as she began to barely regain her head and footing Mark walked right in front of the alley she was in.

"You..." he said as his head turned towards her as if he was a dog following a scent.

Her legs went wobbly as she leaned against the wall.

"What's wrong?" he said as he got closer. He gave her a menacing smile as he shoved his hands casually into his jean pockets.

"Nothing. Not that it's any of your business," she said as she began to quickly regain her courage.

Suddenly Alex said," Try to seduce him."

Chelsey jumped at his voice and her thoughts scattered again. Shaking her head she refused to let one kiss ruin her hunt.

Mark came closer and closer. Soon they were nose to nose. His warm breath spread across her face. She fluttered her eyelashes as she took in his scent. Like pine wood mixed with honey.

It's happening again. She thought as she roved her hands up his chest and around his neck.

He brought his head down to her neck and placed a tender kiss in a place she didn't know that she was sensitive. She shuddered then traced small circles on his shoulder blades. his back rippled when he let out a shaky breath.

Then he seemed to gain control of himself," Do you have any weapons?" he stiffened as he patted her down while ripping himself from her.

She wanted to pull him to her again but thought better of it," No. I don't have any weapons."

He then nodded in approval of her response. Then he quickly rubbed his finger against her lip and brought it to his nose," There is another?" then he looked towards the top of the building where Alex was," and he's a wizard? No. A cupid?"

Chelsey looked at Mark and said," What did you say?"

Mark grinned and said," And I bet you didn't know either. You're just an ordinary human though. There was no way for you to have known."

"Alex? What is he talking about?" Chelsey said in a whispery voice.

Alex didn't answer.

"Alex!!!" Chelsey shouted," I thought we were in this together! Why didn't you tell me? Wait, did you use a spell on me earlier? Oh my God."

Tears began to well in her eyes again. She felt abandoned. Ashamed.

"Chelsey..." Alex said quietly," I meant to tell you. I just couldn't bring myself to let you know. I thought you would stop being with me if I told you."

"I got you now pretty boy. I know where you are and you won't be there for long. Not in one piece anyways," Mark said before he sprinted for the building that Alex was on.