Orca's Tragedy

Orca swam through the winding tunnel that lead to Summer Palace, her eyes burning with determination. Her claws felt like ice and so did her blood, an itching through her scales. She was leaving her animus-touched statue behind in Deep Palace, where any threats to the throne will be executed.

She twisted towards a light, and soon breaching the surface of crystal blue water. The majestic Summer Palace was just in front of her, like a great narwhal horn piercing the sky. And it will soon be mine.

The dark green SeaWing dived into the water once before leaping out and snapping open her wings in a flurry of droplets. Orca beat her wings until her eyes landed on dark horns laced with pearls. She rose to the middle tier of Summer Palace, the pavilion her animus ancestor Albatross had built many years ago. With my magic, I could make something as great as this. My subjects will love the things I shall grant them.
She didn't know how many things she enchanted, but all of them were extremely helpful to this point. Her sculptures, everyone loved them and Coral had always complimented her on how talented she was as a sculptor. Indeed, mother. I had made them. And now, you are my sculpture to play with. My final obstacle.

Orca grinned slightly as she saw Queen Coral among her council, discussing something uninteresting as the large SeaWing waved her talon back and forth. The dark green heir swooped towards the open room, where many dragons lay in their designated pools.

Once she landed on the cold floor, Queen Coral narrowed her eyes at her daughter as well as a few others, disdain and disapproval dripping through their expressions. Orca nearly chuckled, barely restraining the giggles in her throat. Whatever these dragons were going to do, they couldn't stop what's about to happen next. When I'm queen, she thought with an internal smile, you'll all be the first to go.

Queen Coral rose her neck and hissed. "Princess Orca," she addressed. "We are in the middle of a meeting. You are not to interrupt." She shook her head, causing the pearls around her dark horns to tap gently against each other. The blue SeaWing had once intimidated her so much, but now she was nothing more than a hill in the way of her path.

Orca raised a talon at the queen and stretched open her wings, flashing her bioluminescent stripes to reveal the spirals and starburst on the underside. "I, princess Orca," she bellowed, making sure any SeaWings outside could hear her, "challenge Queen Coral to the throne of the SeaWings!"

A shocked silence met her words, the council dragons staring at her as if they saw a ghost devour a dragonet. Queen Coral was petrified, every scale as still as a dead corpse in the rain. That's what she will be. Orca thought, visualizing the queen laying limp as blood spilled around the body.

Finally, after what felt like one hundred heartbeats, Shark erupted from the DEFENSE pool. "WHAT!?" he roared. A murmur spread like a fire amongst the dragons, all staring fearfully at her from time to time. Coral kept glancing at her council members, ushering rushed questions in a hurried whisper.

Although Orca did like the satisfaction from their fearful looks, she expected for them to launch directly into battle instead of this chattering and gossiping. She cleared her throat before speaking louder than her previous, her voice echoing along the cliffs that sheltered Summer Palace, "Yes, I, princess Orca, shall earn the throne!"

Queen Coral didn't need to be told twice before gulping once and rising out of her pool. She stared with dark, hollow eyes at her daughter before nodding nervously. "Then it is so," she growled. "Orca, by tomorrow noon, meet me on the beach of the closest island to Deep Palace. There, we shall quarrel," She declared.