one ▸ thistle and thorns

×
word count: 421
written by: ivy
×

t h i s t l e  a n d  t h o r n s

Thistlepaw was enraged. Thornpaw was always mean, but she was her sister, and Thistlepaw couldn't deny that. But, today, Thistlepaw had second thoughts.

Thornpaw isn't the friendliest apprentice in the Clan, no, she's  more rude and stuck up. She shows no respect to anyone, not even her leader or her mother, never mind Thistlepaw.

Thistlepaw was the opposite; she was kind and willing to talk to anyone. But, her name didn't display that, and several cats though she was just like her sister because of that, and her appearance.

Thistlepaw didn't like it. And now she was growing to hate Thornpaw.

"Look at you!" Thornpaw sneered, stalking closer to  Thistlepaw. "You're getting fatter on the fresh-kill every time I see you!"

Thistlepaw had enough.

She dropped the mouse that was clamped in her jaws and opened her mouth to speak.

"I hate you." Thistlepaw declared, emotionless. "I wish you where never born. I wish I was the only kit Riverleap had. You're a disgrace, Thornpaw." She hissed. "Kill yourself, for all I care."

Thornpaw looked taken aback, like she hadn't been expecting this at all.

"Same to you, Thistlepaw." Her voice was steady and it didn't shake. "I'll be back later." Thornpaw whipped her head around and began to head for the camp exit.

Thistlepaw decided to follow her.

Thornpaw was just walking through the forest quietly, and she didn't even stop to hunt. Thistlepaw could help but feel the least bit guilty of what she said earlier- she didn't mean it.

Thornpaw was about the cross the thunder path.

Thistlepaw tumbled out from the bushes as Thornpaw took a step onto the stone path.

"Thornpaw," she called as her sister turned to face her.

Thistlepaw could hear the loud roar of a monster, getting louder and louder, but little did she know it was heading straight for Thornpaw.

"I'm-"

The red painted monster came into view, less than a fox length away from Thornpaw. it was going incredibly fast, and it didn't stop.

Then, Thornpaw disappeared for a brief moment- under the monsters paws, just as Thistlepaw finished her sentence.

"-I'm sorry!"

It was too late.

The monster had gone by, and Thornpaw was now laying on the Thunderpath, a pool of red liquid around her body.

She was dead.

×

The last thing Thistlepaw said to her sister before she died was "Kill yourself, for all I care!"