Ch.1- Of A Dream

Finn's night had ended wonderfully. A nice hot cup of warm chocolate, then getting settled into bed and the start of a sleep.

But, of course, he just had to have a dream. An odd one for him, too.

There was a girl, he thinks she was about his age. Blue shirt, a darker blue skirt. A similar style to him.

Blonde hair fell into his sight and he reached, his fingers brushing against his hair. The girl turned around and stared at him.

"You-" They paused. Because, whoa, did they just? "Are you-" They clasped their hands over their mouths. Slowly, they lifted them away.

"You're-" They both took a deep breath and locked gazes, seeming to have reached a statement. "You're human."

They blinked, stared, mouth getting wider, and shouted (at sync, because, obvious reasons) "No way! You're —" There was a short break in which they took their time at running towards each other. "HUMAN!"

And then they stopped, as if they realized they were merely inches away in nose-distance and took a step back, laughing. "Whoops," They said. "Sorry about that."

Finn took more notice of her, now that they were closer. She has the same pale blonde shade of hair, the same sapphire eyes and the same scars along her body. She has that twinkle of determination as well, that everyone he meets keeps pointing out (though he likes to shrug it off).

"You're human," They said gently, smiling. How cool is this! Finn grinned and raised a hand for her to high five, with a lopsided grin that matched his, she went for it.

But damn these dreams, they were always sucky. Her hand seemed to hit a forcefield. It wouldn't touch his, and oh no, no no no no! What's going on?! They frowned. The girl continued her smashing at the invisible wall.

"What-?" Finn was crushed. No, this can't be happening. He took a step back, and the girl took a step forward, to his surprise she had moved an inch. She reached out, and he brought his hands up only to feel the wall. The sudden wall that had appeared out of nowhere.

They casted shadows on their faces as they looked down. It was clear, they weren't supposed to have any interaction. They were only supposed to look.

In Finn's opinion? It was utterly bull.

For Glob's sake, he'd found someone. Even if it was im his dreams. Someone like him. A human. But this happened. And, well, all they could really do was sit back to back, and even then that globdamned wall is still there.

"Are you real?" Was the question they found asking, eventually.

"I am."

They turned to face each other and smiled. "Alright, that's all I need to know."

~*O*~

Finn sat, twirling his mug and casting down a look, though he seemed to be gazing far. 

Jake, reaching his upper body to place down the plates of their breakfast from the stove, glanced his way and quirked a brow. "What's up, man?"

Finn stayed quiet. "Yo, dude, what bogus dream did you get." The magic dog slid in to sit by his friend and pulled a plate of bacon pancakes his way.

"I hate dreams," The human finally mumbled. Jake hummed in agreement and stabbed his fork and took a chunk of his food. "They throw the stupidest and most —" He huffed and leaned down to bite her rim of his mug. "— The most awesome things."

Jake shrugged, mouth full. "Aw, dude, let it slide." Finn glanced his friend's way and gave a chuckle. "Say it with me; 'That dream ain't bothering me!'"

Finn stared. He had not been expecting that, but he supposed that was a way Jake usually goes by with. So, "That dream ain't bothering me," He said. Jake arched a brow. "That dream ain't bothering me!" Jake grinned, and Finn did too.

Although he knew all too well that it was a damn bitter lie that had escaped his lips.

~*O*~

Feels everything is rushed. Have not proof read. It was written down quickly at 12am, right before I fell asleep. Other chapters will (hopefully) be longer. Right now, my phone's about to die and I did not bring a power bank.

Arrivederci~