Chapter 1 - Oreos Are Better Than Mothers

A/N-

Well hi there! I'm Jay, if you haven't visited my profile yet (you don't have to.) I decided to write a teenlock fanfic because I really just wanted one that isn't Johnlock (although Johnlock is my otp). This is my first Sherlock fic although I've written other things before. Also, I decided to make this take place in Canada because I'm from there and it's what I know. I thought it'd be better than writing about England and screwing everything up.

Some background knowledge about this is that there's this girl named Jessie Lee, who has moved across Canada from Vancouver, BC, to a small town outside of Toronto, Ontario. Sherlock moved to Canada from England about 6 months before the story and everyone else is Canadian, eh. (Canadians don't actually say that, btw).

I really hope you enjoy this and if you don't, let me know what I can change. I'm always open to suggestions!

Thanks again for reading this if you haven't given up yet, and now on to the story!

Jay <3

P.S I don't own anything except this account and some ideas. All rights go to BBC and the creators of Sherlock. Keep up the amazing work, BBC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1- Oreos Are Better Than Mothers

--Jessie's POV--

Another new town. In the course of a year, I had moved 6 times. I guess that's what you get when your mother has a midlife crisis. I wish she could at least wait until this school year is over before deciding to move cross- country. Oh well. Live and let live, as my great aunt loves to say.

This thought process continued as I started to unpack my things. We had only been here an hour but I wanted to get settled before school started the next day. The house was nice enough. My room was large and had an interesting navy blue and white pattern which made me smile. I loved navy blue.

"Knock, knock!" A face peeked around the door jam. It was my Great Aunt Martha.

"Come in." I grumbled.

"Oh Jessie. Don't be sad. I really think your mom has finally settled."

"Really?" I questioned, not believing it for a moment.

"Yes. Why else do you think she would move so close to family?" We had moved in right beside her.

I walked over and slowly wrapped my arms around her. I'm not usually a huggy person but for Aunt Martha, I could make an exception.

"Thanks, Aunt Martha."

"Anytime, dear." She squeezed me tight. We had barely seen each other ever since my mom and dad's split.

"So, you'll be coming to school with me tomorrow, right?" She asked

"Yeah, sure." She was the secretary at Rich Brook Secondary School.

She helped me unpack for a few minutes but then decided to leave me to my thoughts. School tomorrow wouldn't be too bad. I know the drill. Go to the office, pick up a schedule, find locker, go to class, walk home. Thank god it was the beginning of a semester so I wouldn't have to worry about starting in the middle of a unit.

Another voice interrupted my thoughts. What was with my family? Do they ever knock?

"I am sorry, you know." It was my mother.