Chapter 20

Rory's POV

I'm get gently woken from an amazing dream of me and Finn raising our twins together them running around on the green lawn while we sit under a tree on a picnic rug.

"Kitten wake up I'm here" I hear as I slowly wake up sitting up in bed. Wiping the sleep out of my eyes I see Finn sitting there in all his glory as I start to get excited and then all of a sudden a bout of nausea hits me. I quickly jump out of bed and run to the bathroom before I know it I'm heaving into the toilet again. I soon feel a soft but firm hand rubbing gentle circles on my back while holding my hair back. Ten minutes later I finish being sick I flush and get up and brush my teeth and walk back to my bed and lay down forgetting all about Finn.

"Are you ok kitten?" He asks me as he enters my room.

"Yeah I will be fine this will pass soon" I say vaguely

"What do you mean it will pass soon? Are you sick?" He says in a somewhat panicked tone.

"No I'm not sick, but what I'm dealing with does sometimes cause me to be sick along with tired and emotional and soo many other things" I ramble on not sure how to tell him.

"What do you mean? And why couldn't you talk to me yesterday?" He asks scared

"I couldn't talk yesterday because I was still in shock about some news I had just received. Finn will you stay by me no matter what?" I say to him.

"Of course babe I am with you through everything" he says with such conviction.

"Ok then I have something to tell you.....I'm pregnant with your children" I say so softly I look up at him trying to gauge where his mind is at.

"Can you repeat that kitten" he asks me.

"I'm pregnant" I repeat as I watch his reaction.

"I am...you are...we are going to be parents" he says in a mumble.

"That's right Finn I'm ten weeks pregnant with your twins. I didn't even think about protection that night you had me so excited and wound up in the pleasure and experience that I just forgot." I say to him

"I'm going to be a dad" he says as he sits down on the bed next to me in shock.

"Do you want to see a picture of our twins?" I ask him as he sits there processing all the information that I gave him he just nods in response. I get up and walk over to my purse on my desk and pull out the envelope and hand him one of the photos. I sit there wondering what's going through his mind and how are we going to get through this.

Finn's POV

Out of every scenario I played in my head that was not one of them. How could I think of it, we only made love that one night. She hands me the ultrasound picture and I stare down at these wonders of life that we created in a moment of love and passion.

"Ok so I'm not going back to Fiji, what do you want to do about everything else school, place to live, do you want to get married?" I say to her in a some what excited tone.

"Well I was thinking I will finish this semester then take the next one off then comeback in the fall. Would you like to live together? I love you Finn but I'm barely 19 I don't want to be married yet I want to finish college first before I get married." She tells me in a calm and rational voice. I can tell she has thought long and hard about all of this and I love her even more for it.

"That sounds like a great plan babe, I will start looking at 4 bedroom homes here in new haven for us to live together and I will marry you whenever your ready. You and these two here are now my world everything I do now is for you and them. So who knows about our bundles of joy?" I finish

"The girls of course they were the ones to ask me if I was pregnant so we did a home test then went to the gynaecologist yesterday you called just after I found out it was twins. I was in shock and worried how to tell you and how you would take it. Then I spoke to mom and she made me see things with a bit more clarity. I tried calling you but it went straight to voicemail, I was so scared you were ignoring me or something until I spoke to Logan and he told me about your rash decision to come home. I wanted to wait till 12 weeks before we tell anymore because I can still lose them" she tells me and I just look at the fear in her eyes.

"We will go through this together and I think we should organise a family dinner for 2 weeks so we can tell everyone together what do you think?" I say to her.

"Sounds perfect babe" she says as I wrap my arms around her and pull her down onto the bed with me and I lay with her in my arms with her head resting on my chest.

"Finn?" She asks

"Yes kitten" I respond

"Do you want girls or boys?" she asks me

"Not worried as long as they are healthy baby" I say to her as she shifts around in my arms until we are spooning. I place one of my hands on her belly and I can feel that there is a little bump compared to when I last saw her. I can't believe that she is pregnant with my kids.

"Kitten would you marry me one day?" I ask her as I start to doze off so relaxed and happy.

"If what I'm feeling now is any indication then yes I will marry you one day" she answers in a sleepy manner. Before I can fall asleep I hear her breathing steady and regulate into a peaceful pattern.

Rory's POV

I awake some hours later with his arms wrapped around me and I smile in happiness. We are going to be a family, I may not be marrying him now but I will someday. I slowly peel my self out from under his arm and I head out to the common room in search of some food as I am getting really hungry. I open the cupboard and pull out a pack of cinnamon pop tarts and start to eat them while taking a seat on the couch. While sitting in my blissful state there is a loud bang at the door.

"LORELAI LEIGH GILMORE-HAYDEN!!!!" Is screamed through the door and there is only one person that yells like that and uses my full name.

Daddy.

Duh duh dah. Another cliff hanger sorry but this is where I think it needs to finish hope your enjoying.