Chapter 2 - Cut

Trigger Warning: Self harm 

Lauren woke bright and early, six o'clock on the dot. She felt slightly tired but didn't regret staying up last night because she'd made Kyra feel better and stopped her from taking her life which is the last thing Lauren wanted. She climbed out of bed and headed to her en suite bathroom, taking a quick shower before starting her morning routine to get ready for work. Her long hair was wet and in a messy bun on the top of her head while she carefully applied her makeup, contouring her face to perfection. Her winged eyeliner was sharp enough to cut a bitch open if it was an actual object and her eye shadow was immaculately blended. She spent twenty minutes drying her dark locks and styling them into a high ponytail, spraying a fair amount of hairspray to keep it in place. Lauren decides to use her motorbike to get to work rather than her car, as the bike is easier to park. She also decided against telling Kyra that she rides a motorbike because she didn't want to scare her off.

Kyra woke up four hours after Lauren, feeling slightly better having spoken to Lauren last night. She even had a small smile on her face and felt slight happiness. The happiness didn't last long though, once Kyra was fully awake and out of bed, she began to think of her brother once again. She tried everything to distract herself; colouring in her adult colouring book but getting frustrated when she went out of the lines, listening to music and reading what was once her favourite book. Somehow, everything took her back to her thoughts of Brody. The siblings used to colour and read together when they were younger and Kyra's taste in music was the exact same as Brody's as he was the one who'd introduced her to music. Eventually, Kyra did the only thing she knew how to do in these situations; she cut.

She went into her top drawer and pulled out the blade, dragging it across her skin until blood poured down her leg. Kyra began to cry, not because it hurt but because she felt instant regret, something she never felt when she self harmed. What would Lauren think? She'd probably hate her, so Kyra seemed to think as the salty tears ran down her face and splashed onto her fresh cuts, stinging the wounds slightly.

Kyra grabbed her phone and opened up Instagram. She sent a message to Lauren:

@k_unknown: Hey lauren, i know you're at work but i really need you. please message me when you can

A couple of hours later when Lauren was on her lunch break, she checked her phone and saw the message from Kyra and once again, her heart sank. She typed a quick reply:

@smileylauren: Hey Kyra, what's wrong?

@k_unknown: i, um, did something...

@smileylauren: What did you do?

@k_unknown: i cant tell you, youll hate me and leave

@smileylauren: I won't ever hate you, please tell me. Are you in danger?

@k_unknown: i cut...

@smileylauren: Oh Kyra... Why sweetie?

@k_unknown: i miss brody so much, i cant deal with the pain anymore

@smileylauren: What did I tell you last night? He won't want this and neither do I, it makes me sad. Hey, can I ask something random?

@k_unknown: yeah?

@smileylauren: Where do you live?

@k_unknown: leeds... why?

@smileylauren: Me too!