Chapter 1 : Everything because of this piece of bread

John

Getting up. One of the things I hate the most. This moment when you're in your bed, under the sheets, and you have to get out into the cold. I think that you agree when I say that it is not the best moment of the day. 

Even more when today is back to school day and I don't really want to go back to class. Getting up early every morning just to sit on a chair for hours listening to teachers talking for hours is really not my thing. Plus, I moved in with my mom during summer in order to escape my father. I had to leave all my friends back there in Florida and now I live here, in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina. It is cooler, the weather is not as good as in Florida but it rains less. But I like rain. 

I have to go downstairs and have my breakfast and then I got to get going. Oh I need to shower too. 

I start classes at 8:30 and it is 7:30. I take half an hour to go to school. Well I am late. Like really late. 

I run to the kitchen, grab a piece of bread and throw it into the toaster. I take jam and run to the bathroom, the best place in the house. It's warm, you can seat and you can stay there as long as you want to. It is just perfect. 

I do what I have to do and I take my phone. I check Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and then I realize something. 

I forgot the bread into the toaster and it is burning. Fuck.

I run even faster and turn the toaster off. I take the bread out of it and throw it into the sink. I pour water over it. I have lost 15 minutes in the bathroom. I will have to eat at school. 

I run to the bathroom again, and turn on the music. I dance, water runs all over my body and I almost fall. It kind of wakes me up. 

I get out of the shower and dry myself up. I take my phone. A text from my best friend, one of the only one which whom I am still in touch.

Jackie : Hi ! Stressed out ? I'm gonna be bored without ya ... You'll never know what happened to me ?!

John : No im fine ☺ What ????

Jackie : You know the guy that was really into me last year ?

John : Yeah and ?

Jackie : He came the other day with flowers.

John : Whaaaat ????

Jackie : Yeah ! I didn't know what to do !!!

John : What did you do then ?

Jackie : I slammed the door to his face ! I mean he touched my butt last year and then he comes to my house with flowers ? He's crazy as fuck !

That is why I love Jackie. 8:10. Fuck. I'm really gonna be late. 

John : Sorry gotta go ! Happy back to school day xoxo

I get dressed and go down to the kitchen. I take a few cookies an my bag. I get out of the house and run to my car. 

I open it and get into it. The air conditioning starts and I am relieved. It's hot like we were in Miami outside. That's awful. And comforting at the same time. I feel closer to home.