All Too Well

Joshua and Jihoon were both in the vocal unit's practice room waiting for the others to come back from lunch break. These days, the two were often hanging out in the practice room whenever they had a bit of free time. Just talking, playing their instruments, and covering English songs as Jihoon had shown interest in improving his English ever since their trip in LA several weeks ago. Joshua had volunteered to help the vocal unit leader and hence they often hung out together.

After the V-Live broadcast a few weeks back, nothing much had changed aside from the overwhelming requests from the fans for Joshua and Jihoon to cover more songs and do a live broadcast on the V-App. The two would secretly check their group's official Instagram account to see the comments of fans and find out the songs they were requested to do. They hadn't planned to do another broadcast but they had been practicing songs that fans have asked them to cover. Today was nothing different. They saw several comments from fans for them to sing another Taylor Swift song called 'All Too Well.' The fans who commented this song said it's from the singer's 'Red' album; the same album where 'The Last Time' is included in. The two were unfamiliar with the song and so they decided to look it up. They decided to watch a video of the singer's live performance of the song at the 56th Grammy Awards a few years back, whilst following the lyrics on another tab that was opened on the laptop.

Nothing much had changed since the V-Live broadcast and they should've been happy because things were going according to plan. Joshua and Jihoon had said goodbye. Now they had planned to move on. Everything was finally starting to progress. There was just one problem...

Moving on was harder than they had originally thought.

Joshua and Jihoon didn't know if fate was trying to play with them. Out of the millions of songs that the fans could have requested or the hundreds of songs they could have chosen from the comments, why did it have to be this one?

I walked through the door with you, the air was cold,

But something 'bout it felt like home somehow.

And I left my scarf there at your sister's house,

And you've still got it in your drawer even now.

Even with the vocal team leader's non-fluency in English, he could still understand the lyrics well enough not to feel anything whilst reading the words. It was at this point Jihoon had silently thank whoever it was that invented music. He might not fully understand the lyrics, but the melody was more than enough for him to grasp the message of the song.

Oh, your sweet disposition and my wide-eyed gaze.

We're singing in the car, getting lost Upstate.

Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place,

And I can picture it after all these days.

The two watched quietly as Taylor Swift pressed the bars on the piano in the video. The sadness and longingness evident in the singer's voice matched what they had been feeling. But it was the part just before the chorus of the song, the two felt a strong tug at their heartstrings. Joshua bit his lip. Jihoon kept his stare on the screen.

And I know it's long gone,

And that magic's not here no more,

And I might be okay,

But I'm not fine at all.

If there was one thing though that changed ever since the V-Live broadcast, it was that Seungcheol and Jeonghan were closer than ever.

'Cause there we are again on that little town street.

You almost ran the red 'cause you were looking over at me.