Neapolitan Doughnuts

"This is insane"

"No, it isn't"

"How can I choose?"

"You look at the one that you like the most and pick it"

"You make it sound easy"

"Because it is"

"No it isn't!! This one decision can- no, will - impact my whole morning! Which will affect my whole day, then week, and month! In other words, this decision will practically influence my whole life! So I would appreciate it if you didn't take it so lightly!"

Bennett rolled his eyes ,"Come on Naomi, just pick a doughnut and eat it"

"Yeah!", Jordan shouted, "You're holding up the line!"

The pressure was on. I could practically feel the nervous sweat shimmering on my forehead. Which to choose: Strawberry jelly filled? Vanilla glaze? Chocolate sprinkles? They were all practically calling my name, begging to be consumed and tasted. If only there were Neapolitan doughnuts!

I let out a groan of frustration, "You know what!?" I grabbed the entire box and plopped onto the couch, making sure to walk slowly in front of Jordan and Declan. That's what they get for forcing me to decide.

"WHAT?!?" Jordan collapsed on his knees,"BOOO!! How come she gets the whole box?!", he looked at Declan, "Is that legal?"

"It can't be", Declan responded, dazed.

Jordan looked up at Bennett, eyes watering and pleading, "Please Bennett! Do something!" He clung on to his leg desperately like a grieving child. "This can't go on! Please, it isn't fair! IT'S JUST NOT-"

He was silenced when Bennett lifted his other leg and kicked him forcefully in his chest, causing Jordan to rolled over to the other side of the room.  He was stopped when Declan trapped him like a soccer ball.  His eyes glinted evilly as he lifted his leg, but before he could kick him back, I yelled.

"Guys stop-", Jordan gave me a grateful look, " - Jordan Soccer is an outside game! And - don't give me that look Jordan, you know that as well as I do- if you really want a doughnut that bad, just ask Bennett to make some more! And you better hope he says yes 'cause I ain't sharing!". To prove my point, I took another bite of the chocolaty pastry.

Jordan wiped his face with his sleeve, "B-But, sharing is caring!"

I took a moment to look at his face: his lip pouting, slightly trembling; his belly rumbling, sensing the food nearby. His green eyes grew in size, pleading, begging, asking for mercy.  With him on his knees, hands clamped together tightly under his chin, I saw a flicker of hope in those green eyes. Maybe he saw that I was starting to give in, that I would share the rest of my breakfast with him, and we would devour-

 "Then I don't care"  I stated, taking an emphasized bite, and chewing slowly in front of his face.

Jordan curled up into a little ball, not moving, pretending to cry as I laughed maniacally.

But the moment was ruined when I started choking and fell off the couch.

Declan rushed over and started to pat my back, while Bennett handed me a glass of water.

"AHA!", Jordan was suddenly on his feet, pointing at me, "This is a sign!! A sign I tell you!! Karma just called and it was for you, Naomi! Bet you wish you had given me a doughnut when you had the chance!"

Bennett and Declan glared at him, shutting him up.

"I...have....no...regrets," I coughed, feeling a little better.