⇥short story⇤

Jungkook is an artist and Jimin is his muse

where jungkook is hated by other specific artists because of his past and Jimin is a famous dancer.

---

Today was the day of the competition and Jungkook's muse was 5 mins late on his requested arrival time.

The competition consisted of multiple artists from around the world sketching a realistic person in only 2 hours. Considering that he had to not only draw the whole figure with shaded precision, he also had to capture the feeling and backgrounds that he hoped to portray to the judges.

In other words, Jungkook was scared.

He paced the floor in the hallways outside of where all the artists were practicing in.

Jungkook normally didn't practice before these arts tournaments. He believed that he needed to get the correct measurements on stage to depict his emotions rather than the consummated features behind stage.

"Jungkook!" His friend, Taehyung, came out from the other end hallway.

"Hoseok said he had a flu and couldn't make it!!" He said but didn't seem that worried.

Jungkook paled and panicked.

What was I going to do? What am i going to do without a muse? How can an artist draw without a pencil?

Jungkook glanced towards the stage that peaked out from opposite of where Taehyung came from.

His footsteps walked closer, but they were also doubled.

Was he with someone that I didn't catch last time?

Jungkook turned around just as Taehyung started talking.

"But don't worry I got you a new muse! He's luckily free today!"

Jungkook merely glanced at the brown haired male but was already entranced.

His features seemed too much to draw with just a paper and pencil. His face looked so defined and unrealistic. How would he bring out such characteristics?

Excitement ran through the artist's body.

"Thanks so much Taehyung-hyung!!" Jungkook said grinning before hugging him.

Taehyung smiled and hugged him back.

"Do good, kid. I need to go to work now!" He said walking backwards to still face Jungkook and the muse.

"GET THAT GOLD MEDAL, JEON JUNGKOOK!!!" Taehyung's voice resounded through the building.

Jungkook laughed and turned to the muse.

His looks were so... ethereal that I almost stopped breathing... almost.

Jungkook smiled, blushing. "Hi. You might already know me but I'm Jungkook."

The other smiled back.

"Hey. Im Jimin. I'm looking forward to that portrait." Jimin said, smiling.

Jungkook flushed red.

"Please don't expect that much... You'll be disappointed when you see it." Jungkook said looking at the ground shyly.

Jimin shook his head and grabbed Jungkooks shoulders.

"No. You'll do good! By the way," Jimin said trailing off.

Jungkook looked at him curiously.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 20."