07

Today my life is taking a new turn.
What seems like a dream is now a reality.
Everything is surreal and I don't know how I lost my zeal
And hope in every piece
Of life remaining for me.

Today,the wedding fatiha took place. I have been married off to the monster I've always hate.

I don't know whether to yell or cry but I knew my face held an empty expression.

The guests were like,
"Amarya smile now, or are you already feeling nervous?",and then laughed and walk away.

How could I smile when what I see from afar is danger!.

Salim never called me since the last time we met.I'd tried his number several times but "switched off",they say.

I just wish I'd a way to stop all these things from happening.

Everybody was happy for me."Its very rare for a lady who's gone so far in western education to find a suitor as unique as Kabir",they say.

I just looked at them and said to my inner self,
"How I wish that's who he really is,I could have been smiling happily and blushing...but getting married to a wicked soul like him is the worst nightmare of my life".

I sighed then looked at the wall clock for the thousandth and one times.

It was 8:00pm on the dot.

My heart started palpitating hazardously as if it were on a trampoline.

It's time!.

"Where's she?,sa gbhi zhi wai wala wala(bring her out quickly)",said my sis,Anty Murja.

I felt like slumping right at the moment but since it ain't a voluntary action,what can I do?.

I was set in my beautiful white lace,buba and wrapper then with a white alqyabba(royal covering) on top.

Yes,we are not from royal families but the covering is used as fashion nowadays.
I prefer it to those transparent veils which will show off my figure...

I was escorted to the parlor by Aseema and Khadija coz Nafeesa was already in the parlor.

Everybody was seated. My paternal and maternal aunties and uncles were all present in the parlor.

According to the tradition of the house,the first born from Dada's family says the opening prayer and the first born from Mama's family will say the closing prayer.

After the opening prayer, Dada said the vote of thanks. He thanked each and everyone of the family members that were present through out the wedding preparations until now.

Then he prayed for the sick who were not able to make it to the events,and also prayed for those who were long gone before the wedding preparations commenced.

The series of advice began.Dada started first,followed by Mama,followed by the rest.

Everybody was emphasizing on patience, endurance, tolerance, obedience and lots more.

I cried and cried until I could cry no more.

Within few minutes,my eyes had swollen up.I developed a very painful headache.

It was time for me to go.Finally leaving my home to a home I've never wished to live in.To the home of terror and indecency.To the home which will break my home...