Chapter 1: A perfect lie

This story is mine, so please don't steal it.

©2012

A/N: Everything One Direction, clothing, companies, and other famous people belong to their respectable owners and companies. No copyright infringement is intended

This story is being edited by my lovely Editor throughout the chapters, so please bear with me for the moment.

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Now boarding to London, England”, came a voice over the intercom. I grab my carry on and make my way to the boarding area. “Miss we are going to have to ask you to take off your hat and glasses for the final security check” said a security guard, I take off my hat and glasses, it's not like I haven't already done this like twice.

 As I plop down on the rather comfy airplane chairs I start to think about where I’m going, what I’m doing, and what in the hell I am thinking. Come on Lizzie you can do it, I thought to myself. Yes, yes I can do it. I’m Elizabeth Julie Cowell for God’s sakes! I can walk up to my father who I haven’t seen in months and request that he hear me out and get my career started. Can’t I?

 **Flashback** 5 years ago**

 I walk down the hall to my parent’s room and listen in on their conversation. I’m not usually one to eavesdrop, but this one sounds like it could be interesting.

 “Did you see the way she moves Mez? She’s almost perfect. And that voice, like an angel, it's a shame that she will never really get to show it," says my father.

“Yes she is amazing, I am so proud. And yes, it really is a shame that she will never be able to make it big, she really has the potential."

“And that's why we must be careful, monitor who get's to see her perform, and who teaches her. Suspicion could arise seeing how well practiced she is, and if they ever saw you, well, they think that I just met you on Idol, which obviously isn’t true, and if they heard about Lizzie she would never be able to live normally”.

“I know Simon, it's just that I think that she deserves to be able to show the world how great she is and can be. Somtimes I wish you weren't who you are and we could just be a normal family with an extrodinarily talented child, not the secret family who the husband hides and the mother who pretends she doesn't have a child. Also we never get to see her, she's thirteen years old, she needs us, she really does," mom sighs and walks over to their bed, "I think that we should move her out to L.A so that she can actually see us, it would be good for her."

“I agree darling, we'll figure it out. Besides, if we did move her she would be able to handle it, she's so strong and confident. I have faith in her.”

I felt a growing appreciation for my dad. He may be harsh and critical at times but he means and knows best. I knew that I could handle a move, and I knew that I would make it big someday, I just did.

**Flashback over**

I lean back in my chair and sigh at the memory that seemed so long ago. I needed to remember because if I had gotten through that than I could deal with my new “mission” in life. I mean, after we moved to America and settled in L.A everything had been fine, I made friends, I continued my training, yet I saw my father less and less. In 2010, he left American Idol and then I rarely saw him, only on holidays and some random weekends in between, I was sixteen then. During that time he was also busy with the X-Factor and protecting his little secrets, my mom and I.

 Let me tell you a bit about myself. My name is Elizabeth Julie Cowell, daughter to Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy. They had known each other way before Idol and had had me after they were married in 1994. He kept it all a secret and it just worked out that mom got a job at Idol as a makeup artist so they could start “dating”. I however, am his best kept little secret. I love him dearly and now I'm going to him for help. All I want is my chance in the spotlight. But will he help me? After all, I am his “dirty little secret”, his daughter.

**A/N Let me know what ya think! Do you like it? Does it suck? Bear with me here, I'm just getting started and the 1st chapter always has filler, it'll get better, hopefully :)**