Broken and Hurt

I crank up my music, just to make my parents arguing go away. But it doesn't. I don't even know why they fight. It all of a sudden got really bad. One day, they were the picture perfect husband and wife. Beautiful daughter. Son was captain of the football team. Then it all went down.

~~FLASHBACK TO 1 YEAR AGO~~

We were all at Brodie's football championship game. His entire football career was riding on this one game. Playing quarterback for our high school team was probably the best thing that happened to him his junior and senior year. We had seen him rush on the field with his team. Me, my mom, and my dad jumped off of our seats and started screaming for him.

I was always so proud of him. He could never commit to anything. So when he had stuck with football, we were all suprised. The game was about to start so we took our seats. He took the field and I felt nervous for him. I hated being in front of people, even just my class, not 1000 people in the stands. He was just about to hike the ball, when he collapsed.

No one knew what happened. My mom and dad shot out of the seats and down the bleachers. I just stood there, not knowing what to do. His teammates were all standing around him, like me, having no clue what to do. The coach and the medic ran out in the field and hovered over him. He was shaking. The yanked his helmet off and chucked it, not caring where it went.

He was having a seizure. He began to shake and he couldn't breathe. My dad was holding my mom, who was sobbing and her legs began to give out. They had called an ambulance and it had just arrived. When they towed himoff on the stretcher, I sprinted down and onto the field. I ran up to my mom and dad. They let us all ride in the ambulence.

He spent 2 weeks in the hospital, trying to diagnose what the epilepsy came from. They think it's from football. But they have no definite cause. This is what broke my family. My mom was always sobbing and losing herself every minute in that hospital. My dad was a rock and didn't say anything to anyone, afraid that he would cry. I was invisible. I said nothing to anyone. I could've been not even there and no one would notice. 

My brother broke our family.

~~PRESENT DAY~~

Not on purpose. I guess fate knew that they weren't meant for each other. But that is taking it's toll on all of us. I guess that I will just have to work harder and be stronger to try to keep us together.