Brown Eyes

I don't understand. How did this happen? One minute we were happy, the next you're gone. We've had our problems; every couple has them, but this..is to much. The day we got back together we were so happy. You came for a secret visit and we talked. We worked through the problems we had before, we stayed friends. You said that you never stopped loving me. Truth is I never stopped loving you.

That day you made love to me for the first time. You held my hand and looked into my eyes. As I looked up into your brown eyes all I could see was love. You were gentle, so that you didn't hurt me. Your kisses as light as a feather. Your fingers touching my skin were warm. Leaving goosebumps wherever you had touched. Everything touch, every kiss, every look said I love you.

How did we go from looking at each other lovingly, to not speaking at all? How did one mistake you made long before we got back together, lead to this? To the constant wondering. The what ifs. The constant pain in my heart. Where did the I love you's go? The good morning and good night's go? Why did you ask for my heart if you were just going to break it? Why did you ask me to run away to be with you? Why did you ask me to promise myself to you? Why did you say we would be husband and wife one day if you weren't going to keep that promise?

Truth is I would have done all of that for you and did do what I could for you at the time. I promised myself to you. I would have moved to be with you on the date we had picked. I would have taken your last night like you had asked me to because it meant so much to you.

But now you're gone. I love you and you're still gone. I miss you, brown eyes. I love you and I miss you, but now we're better off.

Goodbye brown eyes.