Tornado A Blessing?!?!?

Finally school is over and I am sitting at the airport waiting for the plane to arrive to go to the warm and sunny country India with my family. All the super exciting thoughts are crashing through my head whether I’ll meet my favourite dance group MJ5 who lives in the same city I’m visiting.  Thoughts like “Will my parents take me to them?” “What if they aren’t in town?” “What if they are?” “How will I react if I get lucky enough to see them?” The obsession is big and that’s the only reason I’m actually visiting India with so much enthusiasm. FINALLY! We got called to go in the plane and now I’m restless to arrive in Delhi, India.

The exhausting long and tired plane ride makes me plane sick, but actually being in Delhi making my way to the hotel just took my tiredness away! Seeing these beautiful busy streets filled with D-licious smell of Indian food sure made me hungry but also made me realize how time flies by. Can’t believe we are already at our hotel!

As fun time goes by, more and more adventures walk in. Just now we have done seeing the B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Taj Mahal, Red Fort, and other gorgeous places sparkling under the bright, gold sun. As well as visiting the shopping centres along with eating luscious, hot and spicy Indian food. However the thought which is ruling my mind is still in there; whether I will meet MJ5 or not? It’s been almost a month since we have been here and soon we are going back but still no sign of me meeting MJ5.

The next morning I wake up begging my parents to go see MJ5 so eventually my dream will come true before we go back home. I look up on the internet about their upcoming shows and whether they are in town or not? I searched up the address of their dance academy and a way to get there but all of a sudden a post popped up saying “MJ5 are coming your way! Performing tonight at Pacific mall near Taj hotel at 6:00pm, Delhi. Get ready for this remarkable night!”

That rings a bell

HEY! THAT’S MY HOTEL! WHAT!? MJ5 ARE PERFORMING TONIGHT!? NEAR MY HOTEL? I DON’T BELIEVE THIS! Thank you god…At last my dream is coming true of meeting my dream boys, the world’s best dancers- “Moonwalk Magicians” MJ5! YAYY! WOOHOO!!

Ok! Calm down Devanshi…you still have to go tell dad about this so we can go to the event tonight to watch them perform live! Eeee..!

As I finally make my way

running and falling

down the stairs,

a phone bell rings…

I answered the phone “Hi who’s this?”

Says my aunt in a worried voice “Give the phone to dad”

I pass him the phone.

Dad looks overwrought as he talks to my aunt who’s in Toronto right now. His face is full of shock and tension as he hung the phone. He sits down and tells us what aunt has said. “She told us that there’s been a tornado that hit St. John’s horribly today and that there’s a warning that it’ll hit other places in Canada as well. It caused a lot of destruction in St. John’s and a bunch of people got injured.”

“Oh no! That is a horrible news. How all of a sudden?” says Mum

Dad says “Aunt Aruna told us not to come back as it’ll not be a very safe and wise decision. Along with that all the flights have been cancelled due to the heavy damages at the St. John’s airport.”

Every one of us is stunned by hearing such horrifying news. Due to so many questions in our minds, one of the questions raised by my sister is “So our house is torn up back home? Are we stuck here?”

And unfortunately the answer for that is a “Yes” said Dad.

After hearing such a terrifying news there was NO way I was going to ask my dad about going to see MJ5’s performance tonight. I could literally hear mine and everyone else’s heart beat beating so fast after hearing about the tornado. I guess along with our house, my dream is also shattered.