8 pages of hallelujah

Sam's point of view

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new school, a new start. At least, that's what my mum tells me. It's not even a school. It's a university. It's Cambridge; the best uni in the country. Took me eight A*'s and two A's to get in. That's way to much effort for a lazy fuck like me. At least now I can get the medical degree I've always wanted.

I got to Cambridge.

"Name sir." A woman in a loose fitting blouse in a nice lilac colour and a tight, black pencil skirt asked me.

"Sam Kent."

She began to mutter my name as she scanned her computer looking for my room number.

"Room 208. You'll be sharing with Tom Faldren. He's not here yet, he'll arriving tomorrow."

At least it's a boy. Girl's try and tidy everything up and take up the whole sink and spray perfume everywhere. And I'll have a night to myself. I dragged my suitcase over to the elevator and looked for the second floor button.

"Hold it!!!"

A tall girl with dark brown curly hair shouted over at me. She was wearing a light blue jumper with a horse riding logo on it and three quarter brown leggings that hugged her muscular, long legs. She gave me a huge smile as I pressed the button to keep the two doors apart. She glanced over a my suitcase as she came in.

"You new?"

"Yeah, can you tell?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Alright, calm down. The names Sophia Collinson. I'm in room 207." She held her hand out to me. I gave a blank look, partially unsure of what to do.

"Ok then. What you room in?"

"208." I said, my eyes fixated on the silver buttons next to me. I began to zone out of what Sophia was saying, day dreaming about what my new room mate would be like...

"I said what you studying?" She said, clicking her fingers in front of me to wake me out my daze. I stepped back, startled.

"Er, medicine. You?" She looked at me, impressed.

"Equinology. I just love my horses."

The elevator pinged as it arrived at our floor. We walked down the corridor in silence. We both turned to our doors. I glanced over at Sophia.

"Hey Sophia?"

She hummed in a questioning way.

"You maybe, er, wanna be friends?" I asked, my face flushing with heat as I did.

She smiled at me, her big brown eyes looking at me happily.

"Sure, as long as you don't try anything on me." She said, shutting the door behind her.

I'm sure that's one thing she won't have to worry about.