8 pages of hallelujah

Sam's PoV

~~~~~~~

"You excited for the start of term?" Sophia asked, grabbing a can of coke from the fridge. She was wearing a tight white top and denim shorts, very flattering on her tanned legs.

"Yeah, a bit. You?"

"Sorta..." She glanced at me nervously.

"Seen anyone you like?" I looked over at her, a guilty grin showing on my face. She smiled.

"Tell me right now."

I wanted to say no, but I also really wanted to tell her.

"Alright, but you can't tell anyone." She shuffled closer to me, her eyes lighting up.

"It's...er"

I breathed in deeply

"A guy." Her face dropped suddenly, then quickly regained a smile.

"Is it Tom?" Sophia and I had become quite close over the previous few days. She had been introduced to Tom once or twice. They seemed to get on well for two people with complete opposite interests.

I blushed as soon as she said his name.

"It is, isn't it?" I nodded, knowing there was no way I was going to get out this one. She gave me a playful punch on the arm.

"Shame."

"Why?"

"You're really good looking." I smiled at her comment.

"Do you know if Tom is gay or straight?" I frown fell upon my face, knowing that Tom was probably straight. He'd spoken about some of his past girlfriends over the last week, but maybe he could change...

"You want me to find out?"

I nodded.

"Just for you." She said, wrapping an arm around mine, squeezing it gently.

Tom's PoV

~~~~~~~

I came in just as Sam left. Our bodies gently brushed against each others as we passed through the door, bringing a lump to my pocket.

"And are you on the pull as well?" I looked over at her, completely confused. Is that where Sam had gone? To see a girl? The thought saddened me.

"What? No." She smirked.

"So you haven't seen anyone you like the look of?" I shook my head.

"No, what makes you think I have?" I said, frustrated. She glanced at my erection. Red filled my cheeks as I used my hands to cover it.

"Who is it?"

"No one important." I muttered, my heart sinking as I spoke.

"Is it a girl?"

My eyes showed how nervous I was at someone knowing my secret.

"Is it Sam?" She said, smiling.

The mention of his name only got me harder.

"What? That's outrageous. Don't be ridiculous."

She looked at me knowingly. I sighed in defeat. She bounced over and hugged me, nearly knocking me to the ground. I pushed her away, only to get a tighter squeeze. When she finally let go, a puzzled look appeared on my face, confused by her recent actions of affection towards me. She looked at me and smiled, then walked out the room without saying another word.

Sam's PoV

~~~~~~~

Drinking games are fun. Tom and I had been playing one all evening and were quite drunk. I felt happy though, and a little bit risky. We were watching the telly, waiting for another question to be asked so we could have another shot. Tom sat close next to me so that he could reach his shots. I liked how close he was. I could feel the warmth of his skin on mine.

Another question. Another shot.

This continued until we were both completely shit faced. I glanced at the clock. 11:59 pm.

"I need to go to bed. We only have two more days till the start of term." I said, getting up off the sofa as I did.

Tom grabbed my hand and pulled me back onto the sofa. That's when our lips crashed together.