♡Chapter 5♡

Once we arrived at the house, a white dog ran over and jumped on Mark. I jumped a bit at the dogs sudden actions, but Mark just laughed and pet the dog.

"Hey Chica," he said to the dog with a smile. "Did ya miss me?" The dog barked and got off of him.

The dog, Chica, walked over and started to sniff me. I held my arms up a bit. "Uh.... Mark?" I said, a bit fearful. "What do I do?"

He chuckled and Chica sat in front of me. I stepped back and put my hands around myself, trying to feel secure.

Mark kneeled down by Chica and pet her fur. "Are you scared of dogs?" I nodded my head, without saying a single word. He nodded. "Well Chica is a kind dog. She won't hurt you."

I looked at the dog and back at him. I felt the fear grow inside of me. Little by little. "A-are you sure?" Mark gave me a small smile and once again nodded.

"Positive." I looked down at the white furred dog. It's eyes were bright and had a cheery look to them. I bent down on my knees and slowly put my hand on her head, my heart pounding.

I expected that at any moment, Chica might bite my hand or scratch me, but she never did. I started to pet her soft white fur. She leaned into my hand and I smiled.

She laid down and sat her head in my lap. I chuckled as Mark sat down and pet Chica's stomach. The fear started to slowly leave me and be replaced by joy.

It felt nice to have this feeling. I didn't have much of it in my life until now. It felt... nice. I looked up from Chica and saw Mark smiling at me.

"What?" I asked, still smiling. He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair.

"Nothing. It's just that you said you were afraid of dogs." I shook my head and looked back down at the sleeping dog in my lap.

"I'm afraid of a lot of things." I saw him raise a brow from the corner of my eyes.

"Like what?"

"Well," I started. "I have Brontophobia, the fear of thunder and lightning. Islophobia, which is the fear of being isolated. Arachnophobia, the fear of spiders. Atgazagoraphobia, the fear of being forgotten. Autophobia, which is the fear of being alone. Automatonophobia, which is a weird fear. The fear of wax statues, ventriloquist dummies, totally mannequins. Hypsiphobia, which is the fear of heights. And many more."

Mark looked at me with wide eyes. "Okay first off, my friend has a fear of heights. Second, I am also scared of mannequins." I looked at him and chuckled.

"No way." He chuckled as well and nodded.

"Yeah I do. Also, how do you know the names of all of those fears?" I shrugged and continued to pet Chica.

"I studied phobias for a few years. I know almost all of the names for fears." He smiled and laid down on his back, looking up at me.

"So you know almost all of the names?" I nodded. "Okay. One day, for my channel, we could do something fun, and I can try to help you with your fears." 

I nodded my head and looked at his brown eyes. No one has been this nice to me. But I'm glad Mark is.