Before the investigation

7/27/17
Grayson's P.O.V

(A/n: Grayson Blackwood is the new investigator for the 03.12.17 case.)

"I've been looking at these files for hours."
I say aloud as I stack the folders, push my chair away from my desk, and stand up.

"I say aloud as I stack the folders, push my chair away from my desk, and stand up

I run my fingers through my black hair in frustration.
"I need a cigar."
I say with a sigh.
"Mr. Blackwood."
I hear a voice, and a knock on my door.
"Come in."
A redhead walks into my office.
She's an assistant.
She puts two black folders on my desk, and slides them over to me.

I look at them.
"What is this about?"
I question her.
"These files are
case 03.12.17 related."
She says, and I quickly snatch them up.
"No offense to you, but why did he send an assistant rather than coming his self?"
I question her.

She smiles.
"He's far too busy to bother with such trivial tasks."
"Oh so your calling this case trivial?"
"No sir, just the idea of expecting him to deliver such simple documents
in person."
She says.

I stare at her for a while before motioning for her to leave.
She turns on her heel, leaving the room, shutting the door behind her.
I sigh, knowing exactly what information the folders hold.
I open the first one, and read through it.

Mariah Janet Mitchell
Victim No. 3 was found dead on 07.28.17 by a man who just so happened to be walking through the alley between Cosgrove's Strip Club and Tom's Breakdance Joint, and made the discovery.
The discovery was made at four fifteen in the afternoon.
She had bruises that showed that she quite possibly raped and fought against it, she also had scratch like marks and burns all along her arms and legs.

As I finish looking through the folder, I notice a little note written at the bottom of the page that reads
'Come see me once you're done with these files.' ~ D.
After reading the message I sigh, knowing that this meeting is most likely about something detrimental to the case because he never calls meetings.
Unless it's about something bad, he loves to see people suffer.