the raccoon man

It's the midsummer 1983 I was with my friends prior to my birthday. Jamie had the idea that we go camping in a secluded spot. It's night time when we got there so we built a campfire. I said "Do you want to here a story?" And then I said "In 1976 there were some murders down by the creek a few years ago by some maniac who wore black and grey clothes he got caught but they found piles  of dead children in the creek and in his little shack some say there's dead babies." I dozed off and I awoke to the sound of chopping chop chop chop gradually getting louder.  I look around but I don't see my friends. They don't normally play tricks but it was different as I heard a faint scream and hesitated. Chop chop chop from the creek. I thought to myself "no they didn't go" and went to look. I run to the creek and I see a 7 foot man with an axe with a severed head.  Behind me I hear "What are you doing here boy?" In a growly tone I turn around and he has a duffel bag with limbs and a strap with the heads of my friends. I run as fast as my legs can take me. I step on something immensely painful and I hear "I'm going to wear your skin!" I get out of the field and all is quiet.
I go to the village...
When I got to the village it was empty. I get to my house, lock the door but I see a contorted body hanging from the ceiling with rm on it. I get out the house to the nearest police station and............ I will never unsee what I saw. Body rammed cell. I find a car and go to the nearest city but I will never forget him, never forget his growl, never forget how he kills, I will never forget the man's eyes a parish zombie colour but bloodshot hopefully he'll never come back........