Chapter Five.

Age 15.

I finally turned 15 a few days ago. I've finished middle school and had started high school.
The teachers are strange, they like to watch me when I talk to my new friend.

Sasha.

She is tall for a girl, like 5'9. She has blonde curls and caramel skin. Her eyes are brown and she's likes to do bad things.

Dominick doesn't like her one bit. Whenever I mention her he tries to tell me what to do.

"Don't hang out with her, Dylan"

I'm not a kid anymore, I could take care of myself.
But I don't need to tell him that, he knows.

I haven't hung out with him in a few days.
Sasha had introduced me to a new technique to cope with the numb, black feeling.
It involves a blade.
And my wrist.

Sometimes it's my thighs but whatever. It still gives me the rush.

She seems so much nicer when I do it. She says if I stick with her, life will get better.

I hope she's right.
---
A couple of months passed. Dominick had been trying to talk to me. But I shut him out.

Until today.

I guess he had enough of it and questioned me.

Why are you like this?"
He asks me again, but this time it's different. His voice is laced with sadness and you can practically hear the tears in his throat. "I'm sorry." I whisper as I shut my bedroom door and sat next to my new friend.
Sasha.

"I have a new coping method," she said with a smile. "It has a cost though." She said with a small pout.

I shrugged, "I can ask for money?" She beamed and nodded.

My mother gave me $20, I told her I was gonna go shopping.

Sasha beamed when I showed her the money. "Alrighty! Let me handle the rest." She said then turned towards me, I nodded and blacked out for a moment.

"C'mon, my good ol' pal Danny got the stuff.  He'll just take the money."
---

Sasha had gotten a needle with some weird substance. She tied up my upper arm and smiled at me. "Ready for some magic?" She giggled and licked her strawberry gloss coated lips.