Chapter 5: Nico

I woke up staring at Y/N's face.
It was hard to open my eyes , because the sun was shining directly at my face.

"Finally woke up, sleeping beauty."

"Shut up." I grumbled.

"Here, I bought you some stuff. Eat up, don't make me regret spending my money on you."

"I didn't ask you to."

" I wanted to. Besides, you look so pale and thin..."

I was being stubborn. I pushed the food away, although I was starving.

"Lets go, monsters are still coming after us."

Y/N stared at me, munching on chicken nuggets. I stood up and walked towards the exit. At this, Y/N lunged for my arm and lugged me back to my seat.

"No, before we go on an adventure, we gotta eat. Nico, please, I saw how you collapsed after that weird voodoo magic you did that transported us from goode to mcdonalds."

"I hadn't done it in a while, give me a break. Plus, now you think I'm a freak." I muttered.

Y/N sighed.
"Nico, stop with your depressing thoughts, I think you're cute little chicken nugget. Let that sink in." She smirked.

I was outraged. My cheeks was burning from anger, hopefully not embarrassment.

I huffed. I didn't feel like argueing, so I sat down and took a bite out of the burger.

"I win." Y/N mused.

I scowled at her as I kept eating. Man, was I starving.

Not long after our little arguement.
Y/N had finally decided to keep the leftover fries and nuggets for later. She packed them up and carried them in a plastic bag over her shoulders.

Half-blood hill was just up ahead. We were strolling along the road side.

"I'm tired." She complained.

"Oh yeah? Well sorry, but we have to get to camp, its not that far ahead."

As i kept walking, she suddenly came to a halt. I glanced at her as I kept walking.

"Come on, only a little bit more. I don't wanna waste my energy by shadow travelling such a short distanc-"

"Stop." She practically commanded.

I turned to look at her. She seemed really tense. She clenched her fist.
She whipped her head around and about, frantically. Her eyes widened, suddenly, she grabbed my wrist and started running. Pulling me along with her.

"Wait, what?" I was confused.

"I...I sense them." She blurted.

"Sense what?"

"Ugh.." She shut her eyes tightly. I bet she was wracking her brains. We were still on the run, getting closer to the borders of camp.

Her eyes shot open. "Nosoi.." she cringed. " spirits of plague and disease..."

Just as she said that. A black blob appeared infront of us. We came to a stop. It snared at us. I immediately had my sword drawn. I started to slash and stab it as I told Y/N to get back. Being the stubborn girl she was, instead, she grabs a can of coke which was littered and lying on the ground and threw it at the spirit.

No matter how much I stab or slash at it, whenever my black-stygian iron blade collided with the spirits, their bodies simply dissolved into glittery mist, then resolidified.

Y/N is now trying to use a stick to kill them and started to fling it around. Although she has no combat skill whatsoever, whatever she did was effective. She used whatever recycled weapon she could find, which sort of apalled the spirits and caused them to float back. Which gave us enough time to run.

We were almost there, the spirits were right behind us. Y/N was desperate to lose the spirits. I guessed she could see the camp as she leaped towards the borders. Luckily, the athena parthenos kept the nosoi away.

We layed sprawled on the ground, in each others arms. I was exhausted to the point that I didn't care if we were practically cuddling.

We passed out , out of exhaustion.