Beams of Light

The man drew his saber, which proceeded to emit a light green beam. He stared dead in to Vader's cold eyes as he readied his blade. I wanted to step in, but I would just get in the way of this duel. The hum of the sabers was heard throughout the vast desert of Tatooine. It... Almost seemed like this man had a few tricks up his sleeve. Breaking the silence, the light sabers clashed with an almost purple flash of color. The battle continues to rage on, as Vader attacks his waist, but his blade is caught with the Jedi's. They struggle for control, turning the sabers and pushing forcefully for superior control. I can see the way the Jedi fights, swift and calm movements. Vader's movement are in a rhythm of harmony, symphony, and anger. Both of them are fully in control... But, what's that sound? Beeping? I don't see anything, but constant beeping is running through my head.... Oh crap. "Vader, retreat back! Troops get in cover!" Our troops rush to safety and Vader vault backwards and so do the rebels. I knew it. A bomb. A little black pebble in the ground suddenly created a huge explosion in the battlefield. One hell of a close call. I remember losing a friend like that once. It was a while ago actually...

~Flashback~

"Move forward!" We advanced to the front lines and fired away at the rebels. In the midst of the gunfire, a grenade flew from the hands of a dying rebel. Nobody saw it but me, but I have no idea if it was just debris. And then, he heard the sound. Beeping. He looked down and told us to retreat to cover. He ran too, but it was too late. His body shot towards us from the force of the blast. He landed a few feet away from us before taking his final breath. I could feel anger inside me. The sorrow of all I lost boiled inside me as pure adrenaline and rage. I rushed into cover, shooting every rebel in sight, without saying a word. I threw a thermal grenade which blew up on contact. I shot more, and more. I couldn't stop. All I knew was pure sorrow, and rage.

~Present Day~

Snapping out my thoughts, I saw that the duel continued, the two clashing in unison. Those movements, those swift slices, those clean cuts. They battled... And battled. But then, Vader twisted the light saber out of the Jedi's hand and threw him to the floor, and with a clean thrust, he was breathing his last. All the rebels, shocked at this sudden event, began to flee, but they were all shot down. The empire has officially taken over this area.