[ 6 ]

[six » louis tomlinson]

the next day passed in a sort of blur. both their mums begged for skype-tours of the house, so most of the morning was spent dealing with disconnecting video messages and balancing the laptops as they walked up and down the stairs. and of course, the impromptu attacks of harry styles' kisses. at one point, louis found himself standing over a pot of something on the stove, then felt his boyfriend's arms pull him over into a kiss. it would've worked out like a movie scene, except for the fact that louis knocked over the pot in the process, and the hickey he left on harry's collarbone would be nearly impossible to cover up when they went outside.

oh well.

by the time the afternoon rolled around, louis had no desire to do anything but cuddle with harry. which they would've been able to do, had management not forced harry to go out and take some photos with fans. so louis was alone for a while, lounging about. he showered and changed into a pair of dark jeans and one of harry's t-shirts, of which he rolled the sleeves up a bit. then that was it, really. he watched a film. he ate some macaroni and cheese, as it was fairly simple to make.

then he waited. and waited. and waited.

it was nearly dark when harry returned, and he almost didn't hear when he did. louis had been curled up on the sofa, half asleep. he did notice, however, when harry wrapped himself around louis and rested his head on his shoulder.

"hey," he whispered, and louis stirred under him.

"hi," louis muttered, pulling at the loose threads on harry's jumper.

"sorry i'm so late, i brought take away," he pressed open-mouthed kisses down louis' throat, and louis sighed against his arm.

"what'd you get?" louis asked, his hand lazily running up and down harry's clothed back.

"chinese," harry pulled away, then sat on his knees in next to louis, "i've got your fortune cookie right here."

sitting up a bit, louis plucked the cookie from his hand and unwrapped it. he cracked it open and popped some pieces in his mouth, then unraveled the piece of paper which had two words printed out on it.

marry me?

he shot his gaze up to harry, and felt his heart hammering in his chest.

"h-harry?" he whispered. harry just looked into his eyes and dug into the pocket of his incredibly tight jeans and produced a simple, silver ring. it had forever & always engraved into the side, and louis felt his throat close.

"i - i know we've talked about this before. but i was thinking...why not do it now? we could go get married and then we'd be official, lou. and i love you so much and i just...i want to marry you. will you marry me?" harry asked, his eyes bright and hopeful.

louis thought about it. the countless times harry would mutter those same words and louis would roll his eyes, or say something about how they were too young. but now...now they could do it. so louis looked into harry's eyes and pressed his lips to harry's.

"um, yeah. yeah i'll marry you." louis whispered, and in that moment, he swore that harry never looked happier.

a/n: so they're engaged! sorry for the short chapter, but i really wanted to get it out haha. as i said before, this chapter will more than likely be less than fifteen chapters (maybe even around the 10 chapters i'm not quite sure yet). AND THANK YOU FOR OVER 400 READS. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.