IV

Amelia

    Soft hands lightly shook my shoulders awake, murmuring something too incoherent for my sleepy brain to comprehend. Blinking several times to make out the figure standing beside my hospital bed, I saw Melissa dressed in a light blue summer dress and white shoes with her auburn hair in a messy bun.

    "Mel, one more hour. It's so early." I whispered, turning my body to face the other side of the comfortable hospital bed. Aria and her mother made sure I received the best treatment and room.

   " Wake up. It's already 7 am. Alpha Hill ordered for you to be in his office in an hour, Miss Hill and their driver will be here in thirty minutes. You need to put on your disguise," she yelled, tossing an ice cold bucket of water onto me.

    Screaming, I jumped out of bed and glared at her.

    "Seriously! I should've known you'd do that. Every time we had sleepovers and you wanted to wake up before the crack of dawn to bake something, you'd pull that same trick."

     Laughing, she tossed me a towel, some clothes, my heavy silicon pregnancy belly and pushed me in the direction of the bathroom. After changing into a floral summer dress with black tights and a long sleeve black cardigan with black flats, I put on my fake colored contact lens and tossed my hair into a plain ponytail. I proceeded to fix the airbrushed tattoo that I had gotten done in the area where my collar bone and shoulder meet. It is of an ordinary werewolf male which symbolizes that I am a marked shewolf with a mate.

    Exiting the room, I found Melissa sitting on the bed, reading some of her patients charts. Upon noticing me, she shook her head.

    "What's wrong?" I questioned with furrowed brows.

    "If Alpha Hill lays even one finger on your skin, he will know you're his mate. Keep your hair down, not in a ponytail. And here, take this pair of gloves. Just to be safe," she stated nervously, taking the elastic out of my hair.

     "Don't be nervous, I won't get caught. I know your name is riding on this too because you're officially my doctor and they would question you if I get caught. I am really sorry Mel but I promise that I won't get caught. Thank you for helping me." I reassured, shaking out my wet hair.

     "Of course, we've been best friends since our childhood. When I first got that phone call on the day that you landed at the airport, and I heard you crying through the phone, my heart dropped. I just knew something was off. But I never thought I would walk into Alpha Hill's room last night and see you there, pretending to be pregnant. I figured that's why you told me to attend that party last night. You're really crazy, you know. But still, as intelligent as ever." She joked, packing up a few fake medications for me, several cans of scent masking spray and a medical report.

    "Melissa. I can't be with him. I just can't. Especially not after what you told me about my family. I need to go and find them." I said, looking out the window, wondering how I will ever be able to accomplish this mission.

    "They didn't want to leave you behind Amelia, they waited until the very last day to see if you'd reply to their phone calls or emails. But you were stuck in a no cellphone service zone on your journey and time was running out. Your step-dad was being pressured by the government to quit his job and to move into Alpha Hill's pack house with your whole family and train the warriors. They knew how you felt about that pack though so they decided to move into the human world, The Abyss. They had to access the portal on a night where it was a full wolf moon. They told me to tell you that they'll be waiting for you on the other side. It's still a mystery as to how they snuck into the portal." Melissa said solemnly.

    Tears escaped my eyes, it's been years since I've seen my family. Not a day goes by where I don't miss them profusely.

    "Don't cry, I promise I will do everything that I can to help you. My Alpha mate, Theta will help you as well. He wants you to reunite with your family. As long as he doesn't know that you and Alpha Hill are mates, we should be fine. Now stop crying, it isn't good for the baby, you know," she teased.