Chapter 1

Dan's special appearance at the dimly lit household seemed to shock everyone, leaving all the balding grandparents and Phil Lester completely speechless. He timidly took  step into the house, mumbling sorry's to everyone he passed.

Phil looked at Dan with a shocked expression. He was lost for words. Dan just gazed at Phil, and the sea of red behind him. The boy Phil hated in highschool was standing right in front of him and his family, his eyes red from crying. Everyone behind Phil stared intently at both Dan and Phil.

"We need to talk," says Dan, all of a sudden. Phil heard his grandmother mutter something to herself about what a disgrace to Jesus this boy was, looking at the pink flooding Dan's pale cheeks, letting out a very manly giggle at his parent's horror stricken faces. Louise, Phil failed to notice, Louise, who seemed to be standing right behind Dan, and Phil reluctantly took his eyes off the brown haired boy to acknowledge the soft hum that left the woman's mouth.

///

Dan's eyes turned towards the beautiful sound echoing throughout the cramped room, he would have made a crude joke, though, he supposed, he really didn't want to get in the intimidating old lady's bad books. instead, he turned towards said sound, a laughter he would store in a bottle if he could, and found himself staring at Phil Lester.

He would have lied if he said he didn't enjoy the view, honestly. He couldn't deny the butterflies in his tummy after so many years, and he couldn't deny the grin growing on his face at Phil being told off for laughing at a time like this. He couldn't deny his untold yet evident infatuation with the blue-eyed boy.

He mentally face-palmed himself, he was having these thoughts, about Phil Lester? It couldn't have been his hormones, he realized, cringing at how bad 16 year old Dan would have been. He scolded himself, for having these thoughts, about the Phil Lester, the one he'd enjoyed insulting, the one he'd so often sat in detention for fighting with, the one he'd loved calling countless uncensored names, the one who'd given the names right back.

Upon hearing Louise's soft hum, Phil's mum feigned a half- hearted smile at the two. ''Hello dear, how can we help you?'' Dan coughed. ''The baby?''was all he seemed to manage to stutter out. He scratched the back of his head, in utter confusion as to how Phil Lester was here, if not the whole ordeal in the first place.

Her face fell, and yet she sighed and beckoned Dan and Louise, and her own family to a room Dan hoped would be less cramped, if anything.