Liam

*Liam's Story*

Wolverhampton, England

1940

I glanced at my watch for the millionth time it seemed waiting for Emily to be ready. We were going to my parent's house, and she was going to meet them for the first time. I sigh as I looked at my watch for the last time and went to go check on Emily.

"Emily are you..." I stop at my fiancee who looked stunning. A baby blue dress went to her knees, her hair was pinned back and down. "Wow you look great." I said in awe. She blushed and looked down at herself.

"Do I really, I mean, I don't know if the dress works. Hang on." She said beginning to walk out. Before she walked out my hand grabbed her wrist and turned her around. She was shocked when I pulled her close and looked her in the eye.

"You look perfect. Don't worry." I said. She looked to me and smiled. I planted my lips onto hers for a second.

"Okay." She said with a smile. "You ready?" She asks. I chuckle as a grin come on my face.

"I've been ready." I said as we began walking out. She playfully glares at me as I hold the door open for her. I follow her with a chuckle and close the door behind me.

***

We walk up together to my parents' house, I could tell Emily was nervous. She had this habit of playing with her hair when she was nervous. I smiled to her and grabbed her hand. She looked to me with a smile. "I promise it will be alright." I said to her. She gave me a nervous sigh and nodded. I kiss her head before we walk up the steps to my parents' house. I rung the doorbell and waited.

The door opened and my mum smiled to me "Oh Liam! So good to see you." She said pulling in me a hug, causing Emily's hand to let go of mine. My mum let go of me and she turned to Emily. "And you must be Emily." She said. Emily nodded and began to held her hand out but my mum quickly pulled her in a hug surprising her.

"Nice to meet you." She said. 

"Just call me Karen." She said with a smile to Emily. "Anywho, come in, come in. Food is almost ready." She said walking in the house. I looked to Emily with a look and she smiled back at me as we entered. We came to the living room where my father was.

"Ah son, so nice to see you." He said hugging me. 

"You too dad." I said hugging him back. I go back to Emily and wrap my arm around her. "Dad this is Emily." I said. He gave her a smile.

"Nice to finally meet you." He said holding his hand out. Emily smiled and shook his hand. 

"You too." She grinned.

"Food's ready." My mum calls. We all then head out, the smell of my mum's food made my stomach growl. What could I say my Mum's cooking was the best.

***

We all sat around the dinner table and just having a great time. Emily seemed to get along just fine with my parents, and they seemed to like her just fine. I grinned to myself knowing everything was perfect. For now atleast.

A loud boom disturbed our peace, I looked to everyone in worry. I got up and went to go look out the window. Swarms of planes were flying over our town with bombs falling down. "No.." I mumbled. "We have to go." I said suddenly turning to my family. 

"Liam what's going on..." Emily said concerned.

"We need to go there bombing the town. We need to get out of here NOW." Liam urges. Emily seems shaken but nods. I take her hand and follow my Father and Mum out in the streets. People were in chaos as we ran out.