Mirror on the wall

Day 2- A song that has changed you

Mirror on the wall

When I was a child, I was picked on a lot by bullies. In fact I was the most bullied kid in the whole of PS-34. I was pushed around, made fun of and generally beat up too. Every day I used to go home crying.

The only words of comfort were the words Sister Theresa used to tell me, "One day you'll be brave and tall. You would be rich and famous. That day all the people who were mean to me would apologize for their actions." This was the mantra I kept repeating to myself in the mirror everyday.

I struggled and strived hard. I worked every hour of every day to be the person I am today. I was on the honor roll in school. I got a scholarship to Ivy League colleges. I got my diploma in business studies from Harvard with honors. I did everything that I could do to be a respected individual in the society.

People's attitude slowly began to change. In fact, the day I made my first million I had a group of people cheering for my success. I got cocky. I survived on the attention. I made big money soon.

My name was everywhere. The Times magazine did an article on me as "The Stockbroker to watch for".

I was no longer the "Loser Reject Orphan". I now had a name that matched my 6'3" stature.

Lucas Jefferson Thorpe.

Being valued at over $250 million had its own unique advantages. Girls flocked around me. Guys hung around me. Everyone was ready to be my lackey, and for what? The mere pleasure of my company or so I thought. Girls wanted to be with me and men, wanted to be me.

I fell in love with a beautiful and gorgeous supermodel, had bought myself a mansion and a yacht. I finally became the person, others aspired to be. What sister Theresa told me was finally becoming true. I thought that I eventually got what I deserved. My hard work had finally paid off.

But somehow in the depths of my heart I knew. I knew I was truly alone.

The summer of 2007 gave me the biggest jolt ever.

My company's chief financial officer, an acquaintance of mine from Harvard had robbed us. There wasn't a penny left. Everything was shifted to offshore accounts. Investors were revolting. There was nothing left to do.

I had to sell my yacht and my mansion. My personal fortune was sold off to venture capitalists for throwaway prices. My beautiful girlfriend deserted me. All my so called friends washed their hands off me.

So today, here I sit in my shoddy and cheap motel room, the bottle of whiskey in my hand,

Looking at the mirror on the wall.

Asking myself,

Mirror on the wall,

Here we are again,

Through my rise and fall,

You've been my only friend.

You told me that they will

Understand the man I am.

So why are we, Talking to each other again?

Author's note:This is my second upload in the same day. I really hope someone reads it.

This song is mirror on the wall, by Lil'l Wayne and Bruno Mars.

i'm not really a fan of rap but this song has always been an exception.

so please vote and fan.

leave a comment with your feedback. :D