Where am I?

"Keep her here until she gives us answers" I heard them say outside my locked room.

I had been in a padded room a while before the locked door finally opened.

My head was banging and stitches on my forehead felt like they were pulling my skin off my head. The barred windows were my only contact with the world. Nobody has told me what is going on or why I am here. I only know where I am, Bright Lights Mental Institution.

Although the name sounds appealing, doing judge a book by its cover. I've been here before but only to visit my brother when he needed psychological help after trying to kill me. He thought I was a robber... I hope he thought I was a robber. The food is terrible and I refused to eat it. Not until I know whats going on.

"Hello Louise, my name is Dr. Simons" A voice echoed as I turned from looking out the dusty windows.

She spoke again only now did I stare her in the face "You haven't eaten your breakfast Lou".

I stood up and walked towards her keeping my eyes focused on her icy blue ones. "Never, ever call me Lou!", I screamed at her, "Only Elsie calls me that...", I mumbled while turning away.

"Don't you mean she used to. You know, before you murdered her?" She said in a cold, dark voice.

The words she spoke replayed in my head again and again before it sunk in...

"W-what..?!" I whispered.

"Hasn't anybody told you yet? You've been convicted for the murder of Elsie Powers, as soon as your in a mental state, your going straight to prison missy!"

Elsie screamed. It became louder and louder. More and more horrifying as it went on. "STOP IT! STOP IT!" I screamed but it wouldn't stop. She stood in front of me still screaming her tears turned to blood as they rolled further down her face making a pool of blood.

I ran towards her still screaming for her to stop. It wasn't funny. She was playing her horrid jokes as usual. I reached her but she was behind me. I whipped round she was gone. She was everywhere. Blood was everywhere.

My tears hit the floor too washing the floor back to normal. Dr Simons, she called in two men in white suits with masks on. A sharp scratch in my broke my screaming.

Elsie had disappeared.

Before I knew it I was dizzy and and I fell to the concrete floor missing the bed.

It couldn't be? Could it? I didn't! We were with school... We walked home from the museum... I left her at her doorstep. We waved a simple goodbye before I walked a little along the road to where my house was and my tea was waiting! Elsie's alive! She was there in front of me screaming to wake me up from this dream.

Or was it a memory?