Chapter 4

Lena's POV

So me and my new boyfriend-

¡Hold up!

¡Rewind!

We walked through Detroit ok we need to find a way to rescue them from the Detroit jail. we assumed that they would have figured it out by now but they aren't here.

We listen to our jammed up radio in the abandon building we call home. or at least what we used to call home. we all sigh as we hear Lorde's "All the ladies out, they're in their finery. one hundred jewls without. one hundred jewls between teeth," for about the 19th time.

When a change in sound happens as I here breaking glass. The floorboards creek above us. We all jump up like soldiers at attention. We silently grab the most important things we have and Ena calmly walks over and clicks of the radio. "we live in ciittiiiees- weaaw" it cuts off.

We tiptoe out and cautiously slip out of the passage into the basement of our -old- home. But only to see a boy that looks about my age. He stood with his arms crossed in front of him, with his light brown hair slicked up.

"Uuuhhh, hi..."

"Hi!" he replied. "sorry to invade, I was just looking for someone to help, I suppose you could be the help I needed?"

"I-I guess s-s-so" I said stunned at why he would need our help, he looked so much smarter than us, like the future president or something. He didn't look like he would possibly need help from some juvenile 13 year olds.

"Ummm we really sould be going," said Ena as she elbowed me.

"Oh...sorry"

"NO WE CAN HELP YOU!!", I blurted out "w-what do you need help with?"

"Well my brother was framed for robbing a million dollars so he's in jail and now I'm a wanted fugitive!" his voice began to get panicky as he finished his sentence.

"We're going to break our friends out of jail tomorrow, you can come with! until then you can sleep on the bed."

"Aaawwwww but its my turn!", Belarus whined.

"He's our guest" I said simply and I slipped back into our house.