april 17 | III

"Excuse me, do you happen to give any free food on people's birthdays, or something like that?" curious Seungkwan was asking the barista of the café, where he and other Sangmi's friends were waiting for her to pick them up.

"No, we don't serve any free food, but we give a hot drink for the celebrant. Whose birthday is it?" the barista smiled. "And I need an ID to confirm the date." She raised her eyebrow.

"Oh, it's our friend's birthday, she is coming soon," Taeyoung answered instead of Seungkwan who seemed to be disappointed that there is no free food.

"Should we go to another café real quick, and check if they give any free food there?" Seungkwan turned around to Taewon and Doki who stood behind him.

"Taeyoung and I can go, since we are locals here, you and Doki can stay here and wait for Sangmi, just in case she comes earlier," Taewon's response was quick. He didn't mind to work a bit harder to get some free food.

"Hey, how would you get the food when the birthday kid isn't even with us, idiots?" Doki blew away the boys' hope just with one sentence.

"Aw, shit," Seungkwan cursed and smacked his forehead lightly.

While the boys and Doki were busy talking, Taeyoung had already ordered a free cup of hot chocolate for Sangmi. The barista gave the birthday-themed cup to Taeyoung, who had previously shown Sangmi's birthday date on one of Sangmi's social medias. Luckily, the barista didn't question much and made the hot chocolate.

"Let's just wait for Sangmi without any surprises 'key?" Doki said while checking the time on her phone. "She should be here in around 20 minutes."

"Doubt it, it's Sangmi we are talking about. I bet she will show up in few minutes," Taeyoung giggled. Seungkwan remembered that time when Sangmi came to meet him an hour earlier, because she was afraid she would come too late. And atually, Seungkwan came an hour earlier too, because of the same reason.

"But you know, no matter how much I try to remember, I still can't recall where I have seen Seungkwan before," Taewon stated out of blue. "Where are you from?"

"Your mamma's ass," Seungkwan responded with sass and the girls snickered, while Taewon just stared at him blankly.

"He sounds like Sangmi," Taeyoung laughed. "My best friend is doing a great job." Doki just rolled her eyes when Taeyoung said best friend.

"Hey, hey look! Sangmi is coming!" Taeyoung suddenly pointed at one of the windows, where a cute girl was seen rushing towards the café.

"Okay, okay, everyone. Act normal, like it's no big deal. We will sing happy birthday at her house," Taewon reminded and put his hand around Doki's shoulders, and then turned her around. "Let's pretend we didn't see her. You two," he pointed at his twin sister and Seungkwan" turn your backs to the direction Sangmi is coming from."

While Taewon was busy ordering around, Sangmi had already entered the café, yet, she didn't see the scene that made Doki blush really hard.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU," Seungkwan, alone, started to sing the birthday song, while the others looked at him in disbelief, but later joined.

"Aww, thanks, guys!" Sangmi smiled at her friends and hugged everyone. "Why are you here so early?"

"I think we are the ones who should be asking that," Doki giggled.

"Ah, well you know.." Sangmi started, but her friends just laughed.

"Yeah, we know. And that's why we are here." Taewon grinned, and Taeyoung gave the cup of hot chocolate to Sangmi while wishing her happy birthday.