The Mute [boyxboy]

Hai *waves frantically* So this is my book. I'm currently bored and very hyper. So here take a cookie *throws you a cookie* good catch! ;) Okay, I'm weird.... So hope you enjoy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prologue:

No one truly realizes how important speaking is until you lose it. It's like a grandparent, some people think they're annoying and to touchy. Then one day, Bam! you lose them. That's when you cry and realize you lost a family member.

When most people think of something terrible, they think of Cancer, Amputte or even a car crash. Never think of mutes. That's what I am a freak, As people call it in my school.  I'm a mute and unfortunately can't speak. At some points it gets truly annoying, more so likely because I'm a guy. I want to be able to protect my sister and yell at any one who messes with her. How come it has to be the other way around?

I never thought this could happen.  Though after the accident that claimed both my parent's lifes', I was ruined. I remember that day so clearly that it hurts. That day I watched as both of my parents died. I stayed awake the whole ride down the cliff. I protected my younger sister but watched as my father's neck cracked and smashed against the car windshield. I watched as my mother flew out the car and landed eight feet away from the car. I remember cradling the unconscious body of my sister and not letting anything happen to her.

Being a small 11 year-old boy who could no longer speak was devastating. From the accident I got what is known as conversion disorder, which is usually an effect on trauma. There was no medical explanation for this.

I wasn't alone though, I had my sister to help me. She didn't leave unharmed though, she had broken ribs, several cuts and an injured foot. I also got a broken foot that had me with crutches for about 3 months. My sister was only a year younger than me and I treasured her with my life. We were both lucky enough to be adopted by the same parents. Truly, I couldn't ask for more comprehensive and loving parents that I have now. They didn't mind that I was mute and loved both of us equally. 

The worst part of being mute is not finding the right person to love. Let's be honest nobody falls for the mute boy. The one who can't flirt or chuckle at someone's jokes. The person not being able to hear your laugh, your accent and what they sound like. Not to mention when your a guy who doesn't find girls attractive, but guys.

Yeah, you guessed it, I'm gay. But what can I say? Life sucks and after 5 years, you just cope with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You like? :)

ashley1730

© 2014, Ashley
Self publishing

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.