A Greek God you say?

The annoying sounds of the notifications flooding my phone and computer dragged me out of my slumber. I groaned as I turned in my bed, refusing to get up; even grabbing the extra pillow on my bed and covering my ears with it. Fully awake now, and having had enough, I opened my eyes, though that didn't make much of a difference since my room was filled with darkness. I sat up and reached for my phone which was charging on the bedside. Unplugging it, I turned it on to see what the ruckus was...at 2 A.M. in the morning! I groaned again, and checked to see which app or which person was giving me horrors.

It was a series of text messages I was receiving from my friend who lived abroad, and who seemed to be forgetting about the time difference. I also saw a ton of notifications from this app called WriteThat. In short it was an app that was like a community where readers and writers around the globe could do just that; the writers would post their work based on almost any topic, and those readers would devour it. Not to brag, but I was one of the most popular writers on WriteThat because of my genius book The Guy in Black and The Girl in White Under The Sky of Blue which was a major hit; even more major and famous than Justin Bieber and that's saying something! But again, not to brag.

I chose to check the text messages of my friend, Kiawe Hollis, currently in England, first:

Kiwi: Wat d hell is wrong with u?! Y did u do that to poor Aaron?! 12:59am

Kiwi: Poor Aaron? Poor Lia! OMG 1:30 am

Kiwi: W8; WTH?!! U changed the whole story...the entire plot! Dis is a nightmare 1:33 am

Kiwi: No way! U really rewrote all the chpts?! I can't believe dis...it's horrible! 1:44 am

Kiwi: Chpt 30??!! Aiden would never do that! 1:50 am

Kiwi: Chpt 35; the ultimate super-couple breaks up?! Impossible! 1:55 am

Kiwi: Lia DIES?! :-( 1:57 am

Kiwi: Whoa, whoa, whoa...since when did this become a freaking murder crime story?! U have literally gone all the way here, Fi! It's like they're totally different people...I can't believe the kind of things u'd write about them! Oh, my poor heart 1:59 am

My brows furrowed in confusion as I scanned my eyes over those messages, bewildered at her accusations, when I knew I did nothing of the sort. The story was the same as far as I knew, so what was she talking about? Even I was shocked to hear news about Lia and Aaron, the main characters of the novel I mentioned earlier. Breakup? Death? What dafuq is she talking about??! Meh, I'll figure it out later.

Unconsciously I passed a hand through my hair, massaging my scalp as my head now started to go dizzy and feel heavy atop my shoulders. I shook my head as though to dispel this feeling before I forcefully dragged myself out of bed and shuffled my feet to across the room, holding my phone out in front of me to use for light, where my desktop computer sat. I plopped down on the wheelie chair, then sluggishly moved my fingers over the keyboard to log me in to WriteThat.

My eyes were bulging out of my head when I saw how many notifications I had; 365! And counting! I instantly felt a sense of pride and warmth that that many people were interested in my work and me myself, and also that I in fact existed. So while I was nodding and smiling to myself like some kind of narcissist, I heard the distinct sound of the toilet being flushed. At first I brushed it off thinking maybe it was either my mom or my sis taking an early morning relief when the sudden realization struck me that the sound of flushing was much nearer than either of their bathrooms, more specifically it sounded as if it was coming from my bathroom in my bedroom!