Chapter -1-

Ever since I was little, my dad has taken me to practice with him. He's the coach for our local football team, and he is amazing at it. He led all of his teams to the Finals. So, that's where I'm headed now, and I'm not little anymore. I'm 14 to be exact. "Charlie! I don't want to be late again, hurry up!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I tied my sneakers, and ran down the empty hallway. It's just my dad, my older brother and I. My mom died a few years back. our whole family was devastated, but mostly my dad. My parents were dating since Junior year of high school.

"Sorry" I apologized, taking a seat in the front of his truck.

"I can't wait until you see the team Charlie, they are a shoo in for the Finals!" He beamed, as we got closer and closer to the field. "Dad, when was the last time your team didn't make the Finals?" I asked laughing. He shook his head, "Yeah, but I had to work at them, this year, I don't know. The quarterback is only your age and he is phenomenal!" "Well, let's hope for the best" I smiled. My dad parked his truck, and grabbed his things, while I followed behind him. As I looked over towards the benches, I saw some boys in football uniforms.

They must be the team....well duh.

My dad and me walked over to them, and dropped down his things. "Boys!" My dad yelled, catching all of there attention. "This is my daughter Charlie" He introduced me, realizing it's my first time meeting this team. "She'll be here a lot, and if you touch her, I'll hurt you" He threatened. "Dad!" I whisper yelled. He gave me one of those 'I'm you father' looks and I focused my gaze on the giant water jug. My dad is so overprotective of me with boys and dating, but he let's me come to football practice. That's the great thinking of my father.

"Where's Grier?" My dad asked, as the boys stood up, ready to start their jog. "He's not here" A boy with shaggy blonde hair asked. "Ok, just start running" My dad grumbled.

That's one of my dad's pet peeves. Being late.

I walked over to the bleachers and sat down, immediately texting my friend Megan. I was sitting there, waiting for something exciting to happen, but nothing. Until I heard an unfamiliar voice. "Sorry I'm late coach" A boy's voice said. "Don't let it happen again, put your stuff down over there, and start running. " My dad instructed. My head snapped up, as I heard a clank next to me, I saw a really tall boy, with brown hair. I didn't want for him to see me staring when he looked up, so I focused my gaze on the field goal post. When he was gone, I decided to walk over to my dad.

"Dad, I have to go school shopping soon" I said. "Peanut, school starts in a month right?" He asked, glancing at me. "Dad, it starts in a week" I smiled. His eyes widened, and he let out a warm chuckle; "I must be getting old" "Hey, at least you're not grandpa's age" "Yeah, you're right" He smiled. "Can you go grab a ball?" He asked, pointing towards the weight room. "Dad, you know I hate the weight room" I rolled my eyes. It's just so...ugh no. "Peanut, no one's in there" He said, pushing me towards the building. "Fine" I groaned, started to walk to the weight room. The weight room is where the showers, lockers and the weights are. It's only for the boy athletes, the girls is on the other side of the field.  I was in the weight room twice, and they were both horrible experiences.

I opened the door, and followed the hallway to my dad's office. Because next to my dad's office is the bag of balls. A little laugh left my mouth, thinking of my thoughts. Bag of balls...

I'm so immature. I grabbed the bag... of balls and took two out just incase. I walked back down the hallway, and stopped in my dad's office. He always has gum in here. I grabbed two pieces, and put one in my mouth. I walked out of the building and stopped next to my dad. "Here" I smiled, handing him a piece of gum. He smiled and took it out of my hand, "Go over to the boys and get Hayes, then pass the ball back and forth, I have to practice the linemen" He explained. Ok, you can do this Charlie, you've been around football players your whole life. I walked over to the group of boys, taking a drink, all of them sweat covered. "Uh, where's Hayes?" I asked no one in particular. "I'm right here" A boy said. He stepped forward and he was the boy I saw before.

"We need to pass this ball back and forth" I said, tossing him the ball. He nodded, and we walked to the middle of the field. I threw the ball to him in silence, and that's how it went for five minutes. Well, here goes nothing..

"Are you new here?" I asked, hoping he would actually respond to me.

"Yeah, I just moved here from North Carolina last week" He replied, sailing the ball through the air. I caught it and threw it back, "And you already joined the football team?" I laughed. He nodded, "Yeah, I've been playing ever since I could...my older brother Will is going to college for football" I smiled, "Football is my life too, even if I don't play, my brother does and my dad is in love with it" I smiled, at the memories of my family watching Jake play pee-wee football. "Do you always come to practice?" He asked, I caught the ball and nodded, "Always" I smiled. "It gives me and my dad a chance to bond I guess" "That's cool" He said getting ready to throw the ball again. But my dad's voice stopped him.

"Ok, I think that's enough for right now Grier" My dad nodded, Hayes handed me the ball and I smiled turning around. I was walking over to the sideline, almost reaching m dad when someone grabbing wrist. I turned around, and saw Hayes. "I never got your name" He smiled. "Charlotte, but everyone calls me Charlie" I said, he nodded, "I'm Hayes" He said. I nodded my head giggling "I know" He laughed and walked away.

"What was that about?" My dad asked.

"Calm down big guy, he asked me what my name was" I laughed, tossing him the ball and sitting on the bench.

                                                                                                                                                                                                       +++

"Charlie can you go ask Jake what he wants for dinner?" My dad asked, flipping through the channels. "Sure" I nodded, ascending the stairs in my fuzzy slippers. I walked down the hallway and stopped at his door. I knocked and he opened a second later. "Yeah?" He asked, taking and ear bud out of his ear. "Dad wants to know what you want for dinner" I said, waiting for his answer. "Pizza?" He asked. "If that's what you want" I laughed. He nodded, and I turned around almost reaching the stairs. "Hey, how's the team?" He asked curiously.

I thought about Hayes, and how adorably cute he was.

"Great" I smiled.

  ___________________                                                                                                                                                                                                    

I'm Haley and this is my first story on Wattpad! I also right stories on Quotev. My username is Haley Mae Xx..how creative right? So, tell me what you think and should I keep going?